Alternative to DAN insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DAN not offered in Taiwan.
Good point. Dive Assure does seem to offer coverage for residents there. Do read over the fine print watching for issues. See https://diveassure.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DiveSafe-EU-DOC-English.pdf

I hope to be diving on my 75th birthday next year, and who knows - that may not be my last year. I plugged in my info into an application at their site, but changing my birth year to 1944 - which would make me 77 now, they will still take my money but according to the fine print, I would not be covered...
7. Minimum age 8 Maximum age coverage under this policy will cease upon the attainment of the 75th birthday.​
Perhaps their site would stop me before accepting payment? I didn't try to complete the application with that fake birth year.

I know this is an older thread, but…
I’ve researched DAN insurance in the past and compared it to my Credit Card insurance and it seems that the Credit Card insurance wins every time. The limits are much higher with the CC and the coverage is worldwide and the only limitations I am aware if is that you cannot use the CC insurance for professional divers (so it works for vacation divers) and that your CC insurance will not cover you if you’re 65 or older for more than 3 days.
So the question is why would you buy DAN if your CC already covers everything that DAN insurance does?

your CC insurance will bot cover you if you’re 65 or older for more than 3 days.
Can you please restate this so I can understand it? Do you mean, will not cover you for more than 3 days if you are 65 or older? How does that work?
Which CC are you referring to....there are many with quite different rules and coverage.

I know this is an older thread, but…
I’ve researched DAN insurance in the past and compared it to my Credit Card insurance and it seems that the Credit Card insurance wins every time. The lints are much higher with the CC and the coverage is worldwide and the only limitations I am aware if is that you cannot use the CC insurance for professional divers (so it works for vacation divers) and that your CC insurance will bot cover you if you’re 65 or older for more than 3 days.
So the question is why would you buy DAN if your CC already covers everything that DAN insurance does?
Without reading all the conditions of coverage of your CC insurance, none of us can answer your question of "why would you buy DAN if your CC already covers everything that DAN insurance does." If we take your statement that your CC already covers everything that DAN insurance does as the premise, then that answers your question: you would not buy the DAN insurance.

Are you talking about trip insurance or dive accident insurance and evacuation coordination?

The lints are much higher with the CC and the coverage is worldwide and the only limitations I am aware if is that you cannot use the CC insurance for professional divers
I guess you meant "limits"? So you're claiming that your CC limits are much higher than $500,000?
your CC insurance will bot cover you if you’re 65 or older for more than 3 days.
I guess you meant "not"? DAN Dive insurance covers members over 70 fully. See Covering Divers Age 70 And Over
Can you please restate this so I can understand it? Do you mean, will not cover you for more than 3 days if you are 65 or older? How does that work?
Any text worth posting or sending is worth proofreading.

Which CC are you referring to....there are many with quite different rules and coverage.
In comparing 3 different cards, the travel insurance (that is medical insurance, not lost or stolen luggage or trip interruption) my Visa only covers 65 years or older for 3 days, same as Master Card. Amex will not cover anyone 65 or older, unless the person was 64 at the onset of the trip. Coverage is limited to 15 consecutive days (not sure about DAN).

Are you talking about trip insurance or dive accident insurance and evacuation coordination?
Trip medical insurance. None of the credit cards that I have or reviewed the terms and conditions exclude diving, unless you are a professional. So for non-professional vacation divers there is no such exclusion.

I guess you meant "limits"? So you're claiming that your CC limits are much higher than $500,000?

I guess you meant "not"? DAN Dive insurance covers members over 70 fully. See Covering Divers Age 70 And Over

Any text worth posting or sending is worth proofreading.
Typical per occurrence is 2-5 Mil.
Yes, meant "not" cover people age 65 or over.
Agree. Always proof read, however, not claiming to be infallible. (Not enough time, fingers too large, etc. 😁)

Back
Top Bottom