Alternate diving locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this place is perhaps a little far from you but ill tell u any way

in homestead there is a lake that i regularly dive, the vis is decent and u can find like ~ 10 sunken boats and ~ 5-8 cars sunk. + tons of other stuff ive seen an like ovens and theres also a jet ski somewhere down there.
there is life in the lake, like bass and some other fresh water fishes i can id + plant life. the lake is used by people that live around there for swimming and fishing. ive also know that some dive shops like underwater unlimited go there sometimes for OW dives. its ~20-30 feet deep. the amount of people frequently swimming and doing stuff there shows that there arnt gators there.

its not one of those super clear water lakes. the water is pretty good compared to other places. looks kinda blue so we call it crystal lake.

when u get there it really doesn't look like that great of a place especially with some of the trash that collects there.

i dont have a underwater camera to show u all the cool stuff but here are some pics of my friend swimming there

216241_10150177127927340_620682339_6780703_4587180_n.jpg

215204_10150177145332340_620682339_6781006_1772261_n.jpg

Almost looks like he's swimming in the ocean.
221891_10150177141737340_620682339_6780926_689669_n.jpg

this would of most likely been a good place to go this weekend seen as how the bad weather dosent really effect it as much as it does the ocean. maybe the vis would be a little less though in bad weather.

I'm all out of money for expensive hobbies....
Except I do have a body board.. with nobody to go with :(

Welcome to South Florida Brother. I've got surfboards, but the last couple days were not an option, Nor for paddle boards or off shore fishing. Kite Boards, yes. Ching ching. :D

Welcome to South Florida Brother. I've got surfboards, but the last couple days were not an option, Nor for paddle boards or off shore fishing. Kite Boards, yes. Ching ching. :D

Wasn't it a bit gusty for Kiteboarding?

You guys need to at least be glad you don't have winter! We're getting ready to pack things in for the season. Unless you're an ice diver or enjoy diving in ridiculously cold weather (there are a few up here who do), we've got no local diving from November thru to late March. And with that, the water doesn't get above 60 degrees until sometime in May. So ... consider yourselves lucky!! :wink:

You guys need to at least be glad you don't have winter! We're getting ready to pack things in for the season. Unless you're an ice diver or enjoy diving in ridiculously cold weather (there are a few up here who do), we've got no local diving from November thru to late March. And with that, the water doesn't get above 60 degrees until sometime in May. So ... consider yourselves lucky!! :wink:

Ah, but I just drove down to Florida from NY :mooner:
And im not missing a thing! :D

So the winds have subsided, and according to the windjammer live beach cam, the waves are gone.

DIVE DIVE DIVE

That lake looks pretty good, ill have to google it and see how far it is

Ah, but I just drove down to Florida from NY :mooner:

:confused: The location in your profile says Boca Raton. :confused:

Glad things have cleared up. Safe diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom