Alligator Attack - Defense Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rub their belly and put them to sleep.
Carry a real knife, not a broken Betty Crocker special or EMT scissors.
Skin them out and make some nice dive booties and weight belt out of the hide.

Do alligators really like, given the fact they're reptiles, swimming in water that runs between 65-68 degrees? It seems like they'd pick warmer waters instead of fresh water springs.

-----

Mike.

james croft:
Rub their belly and put them to sleep.
Carry a real knife, not a broken Betty Crocker special or EMT scissors.
Skin them out and make some nice dive booties and weight belt out of the hide.

:rofl3: that's awesome!

hmmm... well they lie in the sun between deep dive for meals.

Since they are reptiles...they are cold blooded or something....I don't know what I am talking about.

Calories probably help...

Yeah, but there's not much to eat in open fresh water springs (wading birds pick shallower brackish or shore water), especially with alot of activity (divers constantly in and out). It seems more likely to be attacked in a remote location, and more brackish water. I still don't think they prefer the colder waters over warmer ones. Maybe an opportunistic moment, when no other water is present, but might travel away from deeper ground fed spring areas in search of a better habitat. Unless it's been acclimated and fed, then it would be less likely to leave.

-----

Mike.

...they are cold blooded or something...
I was thinking, because of that, they'd prefer warmer waters. I sure wouldn't dive a golf course pond in florida at night, that's for sure!

-----

Mike.

Ok, we at Dim Witted Scuba Designs have once again, at your request, gone back to the drawing boards on this one. After months of intensive research, we've finally come up with an Alligator proof SCUBA unit. It's completely guaranteed against gators, but not against back water hunters. However, we do recommend that you avoid mating season while using our revolutionary SCUBA product :D

alligators2.jpg

Feel free you leave your comments, aspirations and admirations at our website for us to savour: www.DimWittedScubaDesignsROCK.com

-----

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom