Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank

So as to be perfectly clear a whole world of difference between a TAVCO Mil spec Inconel 718 sphere and a cylinder out of China being certified QA by a muslim modest clothing head dress shop out his back bedroom in a Sweedish housing estate with tanks imported from China

Again I am happy to discuss the design, QA indipendent testing and evaluation of both the TAVCO
and The Carlton Spheres we can discuss the material, welding procedure and QA qualifications all the way back to the mill that provides the metal.

But I repeat the Add Helium statement they made in writing:

"In the case of these tanks, we do not import them from China directly. We purchase them from a European distributor who has them made to their specifications for use in diving applications and for use with 100% o2, and does their own QA." (Peter Sotis Add Helium)

Again a world of difference between a TAVCO and this unverified, uncertified and possibly counterfeit junk.
Just a pity you cant see the difference. Iain
I see the difference. Don't think that I filled the AH cylinders lightly. I fill them after seeing them filled by others, for clients well known to me who ask me personally. I would not buy AH cylinders for my use, because I do understand the hazards associated with them. I only use the comparison of the spheres because they carry the exact certifications that the hoop wrapped cylinders do, that is, none (as far as a fill station and transportation used in commerce are concerned in the USA)

Cerich,
the first thing you put in that response was something that happened 20 years ago and thatvdebt has been paid for in full . You haven't been fair and it's obvious you have no interest in being fair.
Not all of us have been as perfect as you I suppose. I got suck back into this tread like as dumb ass so I guess I deserve being treated like one. Good luck in your business.

I also consider Peter a friend. I also consider many of his past and present employees friends as well. It is interesting that many folks have tried to warn Peter about these cylinders as well as many other quasi icky things he has done. What is more telling is the rate at which long term employees have become former employees. Sometimes the icky sticks on others...

Cerich,
the first thing you put in that response was something that happened 20 years ago and thatvdebt has been paid for in full . You haven't been fair and it's obvious you have no interest in being fair.
Not all of us have been as perfect as you I suppose. I got suck back into this tread like as dumb ass so I guess I deserve being treated like one. Good luck in your business.
I am far from perfect, we all are.

I didn't post something that happened 20 years ago, I posted a fact, Peter Sotis is a convicted Felon. The actions he took that lead to that conviction may have occurred in the past, his status as a convicted felon is true today. If/when he gets a pardon, that would change.

Does the HMR also list handling of the tanks when moving them by hand? When I was a security officer, I saw the guys delivering compressed gas tanks handle them...well, they were fairly standard size tanks for commercial gas use, the ones about 4' tall. He'd take two tanks, stand them on the ground after taking them off the truck, then with the top of each in one hand he'd lean them both at an angle and roll the bottom along the ground to bring them from the truck to the tank storage area.

The real pros can do three at once. :wink:

Me? One at a time is plenty.

I'll also note that I've witnessed professional industrial gas delivery drivers drop full HP cylinders off the bed of their truck bottom first, ~48 inches on to asphalt. I had to yell him to stop as it was leaving divots in my paving.

Tobin

^^^^ Funny... I've had two steel cylinders start leaking from the side during filling, both at around 2000 PSI. Local corrosion from laying on their side with pool-water in them. It's amazing how much it takes to get one to fail catastrophically.

And then there are the dozens of welding bottles I've seen rusted thru on wrecks that apparently just fizzed out their gas as they corroded thru. And same on the huge air bottles on the U-Boat wrecks.

Think about it. They rust thru, leak out, she never go bang.
Usually that's so, but not always. See this link. Or this. Or a security camera capturing one exploding next to a guy. Scary stuff. And those are shop compressors running around 130 PSI. I want the 3000 PSI tank I strap on my back to be in good condition.

Can you please find where I have stated that Convicted Felon Peter Sotis has designed the tanks, made the tanks, tested the tanks please? Because I haven't .

Now regards to counterfeiting labels, all I have posted is that it has been alleged per the complaint filed in the lawsuit.

What is it you want me to look into exactly? Because you can keep on claiming things that aren't true,so can you start to back them up? So far all I have seen is conflicting assertions that all boil down to "Peter is my friend and I am going to defend him at all costs and point the blame for his actions on others that do the same". Under that logic only people that do a crime that has never been committed before should face any consequences.

I know you and St John (Shawn) are all knowing scuba oracles but your statements about ITAR aren't as accurate as you lead people to believe.. I took the time to go to our ITAR Attorney to get the ground true (which I recommend all retailors / manufactures do; don't use the previous posts). The abridged take away from the attorney is ITAR does NOT regulate none US technologies. ITAR applies to items developed / manufactured for military use. Items that are sold in a retail market don't fall under ITAR unless there was some military type training associated with the sale. There are military CCRs that are ITAR regulated and because of that, they are not sold in a retail market like all the ones we all dive. Using cerich's logic everyone selling their CCR on ebay would be violating ITAR. The CCRs in question surrounding the bashing of Peter and AH were taken not because of ITAR but based on the individual. Also another over looked fact is Peter is the one who called the Feds to make sure he was legit. I know you will try pick everything I said apart with all kinds of smoke screen stuff in response but everyone knows you are just butt hurt because AH dropped you because of your customer service issues. Everyone else, if you have questions go to a real ITAR resource (attorney) to get accurate info..
Cerich is any of the gear you represent or sell (pieces / parts) made in China?

St John (Shawn); court didn't go so well?? I guess this case is a bit weak with holes now that the facts are coming in.. For the judge to remove the injunction to do business is very telling; the money being taken back from you and placed in escrow is telling and your attorneys getting a bit of lashing is also telling.. Really, Acid Gambit (and others) all my SMU brethren digging into that one and the others. These are the same guys that work or own Triple Canopy!!

I don't know, I don't need to know, your guys are ones blaming him for designing them, making them, testing them, counterfeiting labels, etc
Maybe you should look into that and get all the facts before judging him. Just my opinion though.

Mark.

Regarding Add Helium and Peter Sotis supply of these cylinders.
Fact: He was told 2 years ago about potential problems with the origin of these cylinders and replied as has been quoted.
Fact: He continued selling these cylinders while fully aware of the lack of any certification.
Fact: This information was deleted from a number of forums including this one in 2014 on scuba board. RBW and the deco stop

Now if you follow the source of the Add Helium, Sotis statements to his supplier
The next link in the chain of supply you get a chap called Wael AL-Jareh

This is his “linked in” page showing him to be the owner of the Euro Diving Zone

https://se.linkedin.com/in/wael-al-jareh-b1577931

If you look deeper you get his ownership of the domain names

Daral muslim academy .net
Daral muslim academy .com
Daral muslin school .com

Info@arabianshoppingzone.com : Wael Al-jareh, Sweden
daralmuslimacademy.com - Website and Domain information |
daralmuslimschool.com - Website and Domain information |
Info@arabianshoppingzone.com : Wael Al-jareh, Sweden

I have yet to find any QA qualifications for Wael AL-Jareh or as to any qualification as to pressure vessels and High pressure cylinders but his only contact is given him as the Euro Shopping Zone

Well worth a visit if your after something special for the wife but Im guessing something for a
Christmas present may be a tad more easier to find than a QA cert for these cylinders Florida
divers are so happy with.

Arabian Shopping Zone

I know you and St John (Shawn) are all knowing scuba oracles but your statements about ITAR aren't as accurate as you lead people to believe.. I took the time to go to our ITAR Attorney to get the ground true (which I recommend all retailors / manufactures do; don't use the previous posts). The abridged take away from the attorney is ITAR does NOT regulate none US technologies. ITAR applies to items developed / manufactured for military use. Items that are sold in a retail market don't fall under ITAR unless there was some military type training associated with the sale. There are military CCRs that are ITAR regulated and because of that, they are not sold in a retail market like all the ones we all dive. Using cerich's logic everyone selling their CCR on ebay would be violating ITAR. The CCRs in question surrounding the bashing of Peter and AH were taken not because of ITAR but based on the individual. Also another over looked fact is Peter is the one who called the Feds to make sure he was legit. I know you will try pick everything I said apart with all kinds of smoke screen stuff in response but everyone knows you are just butt hurt because AH dropped you because of your customer service issues. Everyone else, if you have questions go to a real ITAR resource (attorney) to get accurate info..
Cerich is any of the gear you represent or sell (pieces / parts) made in China?

St John (Shawn); court didn't go so well?? I guess this case is a bit weak with holes now that the facts are coming in.. For the judge to remove the injunction to do business is very telling; the money being taken back from you and placed in escrow is telling and your attorneys getting a bit of lashing is also telling.. Really, Acid Gambit (and others) all my SMU brethren digging into that one and the others. These are the same guys that work or own Triple Canopy!!

OK... obviously you didn't read the early post where I linked to the ITAR regs where re breathers were specifically addressed..whatever.

§ 734.3 Items subject to the EAR.
Link to an amendment published at 81 FR 35602, June 3, 2016.
(a) Except for items excluded in paragraph (b) of this section, the following items are subject to the EAR:

(1) All items in the United States, including in a U.S. Foreign Trade Zone or moving intransit through the United States from one foreign country to another;

(2) All U.S. origin items wherever located;

(3) Foreign-made commodities that incorporate controlled U.S.-origin commodities, foreign-made commodities that are ‘bundled’ with controlled U.S.-origin software, foreign-made software that is commingled with controlled U.S.-origin software, and foreign-made technology that is commingled with controlled U.S.-origin technology:

(i) In any quantity, as described in § 734.4(a) of this part; or

(ii) In quantities exceeding the de minimis levels, as described in § 734.4(c) or § 734.4(d) of this part;

(4) Certain foreign-made direct products of U.S. origin technology or software, as described in § 736.2(b)(3) of the EAR. The term “direct product” means the immediate product (including processes and services) produced directly by the use of technology or software;

Yes,some stuff I sell is made in China,other countries as well. Your point?

Bit more about our resident cylinder QA expert, and Add Helium supplier with the modest dress headscarf web shop.

Turns out Mr Wael Al-Jareh is a TDI Evolution CCR Mod 1 PADI IANTD DSAT instructor

And resident RBW forum sponsor since 2009 distributing more than 50 international brands and 2700 products

Wael Al-jareh, personlig presentation på dykarna.nu

TDI and IANTD Shoot must be first class QA assurance.

Someone must know him? Any chance he can submit these elusive QA and qualification certificates for the cylinders he supplied Add Helium.

I look forward to seeing the certification paperwork, Should I hold my breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom