Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real rip-off at $85/each. But they come with SCBA valves included at that price. Or you can go to Mount Everest and bring back thousands of them for free.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    252 KB · Views: 382
^
I did a little calling to friends and found out some interesting stuff. The normal use of these cylinders (without fake CE) is for oxygen for high altitude mountaineering. There are literally thousands of them discarded on Mount Everest. Ounces count there. And the cylinders ex-China are so cheap as to be disposable. According to mountaineering friends they are selling for about $50/each ex-China straight to Nepal. They are throw-away items made in a size that's not used for anything else. Certainly they are not what's designed for hard long use in salt water.

Good money selling them for $600. Worth buying in China, shipping to Sweden, faking the CE there, then re-shipping to the USA. Enough profit for everyone. 10X markup. Good business if you do not care about the customers.

dear God..

Here's your pile of $20 bottles. That's just one team. Every one will be abandoned.

$600/each? Don't make me spit more coffee at my computer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 408
The facts we have learned for this valuable thread:
• AH Carbon Fiber Wrapped CCR cylinders are not DOT certified ( as actual advertised )
•AH Carbon Fiber Wrapped CCR cylinder may not be CE certified.
• AH Carbon Fiber Wrapped cylinders are legal to own in the USA regardless of either of these certifications
• It's legal to fill these cylinders yourself
•It's legal for a dive shop to fill these cylinders
•it's legal to personally dive with these cylinders
• it's legal to personally transport these in your vehicle
•it's legal to transport and dive these cylinders on your own personal boat
• it's NOT legal to transport or use these cylinders on a commercial boat like Franks, but Frank doesn't care because of the tanks standing safety record and Franks not a douchbag.​
The take away, Don't dive with Douchbags and you'll be fine. Shawn is guilty of Stolen Valor and you both are seen for what you are.

Have a good one fellas!

^^

Except for the troubling fact about forging fake CE stickers and selling cylinders that a professional engineer designing this stuff would not dive for safety reasons. There's a reason.

I find humor in everything and here's my smile of the morning. It's notable that your composition and spelling skills have advanced from third-grade neo-illiteracy to polished and bullet-pointed perfection overnight. Ghost writers must be inexpensive to hire these days.

;-)

So, you do not disagree with any of the bullet facts?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

With most of the recent posts dedicated primarily to the posters' personal attacks upon one another, this thread is being closed while moderators decide what to do about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom