Alleged censorship on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had a problem with MisDirected, but she had a real problem with staff. I was sorry to see her go. I saw her at DEMA two years ago and tried to talk to her. She had other ideas. Again, ScubaBoard didn't implode with her departure as it won't when I leave. I may own the url, but one can never own the community. I do nurture it the best I can. I probably don't and won't nurture it in the way you see fit. Again, I'm strangely OK with that. :D What I've done so far really seems to work.

One of the funniest interactions I can remember was when I first met Onespeed. He came over and introduced himself at a party and asked in somewhat a trembling voice why I had banned him... twice. "You were banned twice? What did you do?" I think his mouth dropped as he realized that I had no input into his bannings. I didn't even know him from Adam. I'm like the mayor of ScubaBoardville. I don't keep up with who gets a parking ticket unless I know them personally. Even then, I'm not going to randomly reverse decisions that are made by the mods. I don't have the time or inclination to be a part of every altercation here on ScubaBoard. Anyway, Onespeed told me all about the injustices that had been perpetrated on him by the Kraken. At that point, another ScubaBoardian with three sheets to the wind pointed at him and said "You're an Arrogant Bastard" Even after only one beer I nearly fell off my chair laughing and the discussion quickly denigrated into sheer shenanigans. He goes by that nickname even to today.

stone named an ale after him.

I should buy stock in ALCOA. You all need to buy tinfoil.... Yep, the Makers Mark has gotten to me on a Wednesday.... damn, its early, but its been a long week already....... :coke:This is "interesting".... thanks for the "ride"...

CRAP! I got sucked in..... I blame it on the booze....:help:

Last edited:
stone named an ale after him.
There were 8 or so of us sitting at the Yard House in LA after the Scuba Show. It was Howard's first time representing ScubaBoard. The guy across the table from me was drinking Arrogant Bastard Ale, and I showed it to HowardE and Muggsy. They found the brewery and all sorts of swag. We had fun with that at Invade the Keys that year.

ale house is a nice place . . .

One of the funniest interactions I can remember was when I first met Onespeed. He came over and introduced himself at a party and asked in somewhat a trembling voice why I had banned him... twice.

I find the bolded part very hard to believe.

:gans:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom