All I can say is WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing, isn't it. Especially since Alby is a brand new digital user!

mardigrastexan:
Check out this dive report (the title is funny in itself.) The pics are fantastic!

http://www.digitaldiver.net/trip_reports.php?reportID=93

And,no,I don't have anything better to do at work right now.

Thank you very much for that post. What a wonderful trip report and great photos. Feel like I have been there myself. Really says alot for that Oly 5050 rig.

What a great report!! Its funny -- just before I saw this post I was having lunch with my wife and we were discussing whether we should keep the new 5050 she bought me for Christmas or exchange in for the 5060. After seeing the photos in this report, there's no question that I'm keeping the 5050!!

Seth

Thanks for the post. That was a nice diversion, the pics and story line were awesome. I didn't now about that website, guess I have a new "favorite" in my diving folder.

sdwho:
What a great report!! Its funny -- just before I saw this post I was having lunch with my wife and we were discussing whether we should keep the new 5050 she bought me for Christmas or exchange in for the 5060. After seeing the photos in this report, there's no question that I'm keeping the 5050!!

Seth

Seth, I received my 5050 for Christmas too. The 5060 had some questionable reviews(speed,etc.) on this board and other sites. But what really convinced me on the c5050 was Jeanette Howard's photos in Fiji. Check'm out at www.art2u.net The clown fish pics sold me on the 5050.

He inquired where in America we were from. We answered "California." "Ooh!" he replied, "The Terminator! Right?" Arnie has followers everywhere...
:lol3:

Really great pictures. Who took them (SB Handle)? Those angler fish are amazing as well as the craw of that Green Moray....Got to get down there...!

OK...those are fabulous shots unfortunately!! Now I just might HAVE to have an Oly 5050, too! Before I rush out can anyone answer this:

Are those macros taken with just the camera and strobe...no extra lenses, special doohickeys or anything? I mean, that's what the camera can do when run properly?? Extraordinary.

What is the minimum focus distance on the Oly 5050 in macro and normal mode....has anyone found a "sweet" spot?

And did the photographer use zoom while shooting these amazing pictures?

I wasn't going to buy myself any new equipment (except for work) this year but now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom