Alex's Aquatic Adventure (Alex Mason) Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha,

Where ever you dive, always go w/ a reputable company that has a store front & its own boats. Keep in mind that most PADI Dive Resorts dont have store fronts & can be individual instructors that run their operation out of a van. A PADI Career
Development Center (CDC) means there is a Course Director with several instructors and usually provides the most experience and latest PADI standards in safety.

Dandamanwithatan

This is one of the least useful things I have seen posted on the board for awhile. Some of the worst dive ops in the world have lots of instructors and their own boats. Personnel recommendations from clients mean alot more than how much a shop pays their cert agency or how many instructors they have.

Aloha,

Where ever you dive, always go w/ a reputable company that has a store front & its own boats. Keep in mind that most PADI Dive Resorts dont have store fronts & can be individual instructors that run their operation out of a van. A PADI Career
Development Center (CDC) means there is a Course Director with several instructors and usually provides the most experience and latest PADI standards in safety.

Dandamanwithatan

In order to be a PADI Resort, you must have a store front and meet certain standards. However, being a PADI Resort is still no guarantee that you will have a good experience. I agree with Japan-Diver that word of mouth is the best way to judge what kind of "Resort" you are dealing with.

Having a store front means nothing. it simply means they got the money to make it look good....heres an example Aarons dive shop has a store front...theres only one person in this world i would send there to dive and thats osama bin ladin. wiakiki dive center is an excellent bunch but they dont have resort rating simply because they dont have a classroom. wow Island divers has a class room and for a long time their nickname with in the dive community was the popcorn divers(dont think they are like that anymore) and a boat? pffft.. Surf and Sea is a great dive outfit with their own store and they rock with the best shore dives on the island (deep ecology a very close second) and they dont have a boat.Diamond Head Divers was once the best dive op on the Island never had store front but they had the best crew on the Island bar none. dive oahu has all your qualifications and all they are about is the numbers and i like brian a very good guy but all business so it all about the money for him, but when i see the crazy large classes im concerned in my own mind about the quality of the individual needs of each student being met. i could go on and on but you should be getting the point by now...gabe scottie man this guy works so hard to give his customers the best time ever...you want to question his rep ? randy, formallly of barefoot scuba care to question his rep? I hope not cause these are some top notch divers that run or ran great ops. i could go on but i shouldnt have to.

speaking of reputation,,, look at dandamanwithatan
joined jan 06 and has 1 post since, 2 days ago

I persoanlly know and dive with Danthemanwiththetan. He is a great instructor. I'm not quite understanding the post he made. But he is as a great a guy as you are, Capt Scotty (and that is a compliment!).

becky

thanks becky (don't spread that around,, i got a rep to upkeep)
when you coming diving?

Since my purple-haired dive buddy, Jamie, moved to the mainland, I'm not finding anyone who wants to pay for a boat. But I miss diving with you.

Since my purple-haired dive buddy, Jamie, moved to the mainland, I'm not finding anyone who wants to pay for a boat. But I miss diving with you.

We do boat dives all the time, who do you go out with? It was a little nasty waves out there yesterday but great diving, met some more non tourist divers.
Randy

Back
Top Bottom