Alex's Aquatic Adventure (Alex Mason) Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks sea nmf,

Your post is most interesting and very honest. It appears that other Oahu operators may dislike Alex whereas his client's opinions are nearly universally positive. I don't see any of the "unfavorable" reviews in writing. Alex is a very colorful character and he is also a very good scuba operator, he knows the dive sites like the back of his hand, and he is a sea life spotter par excellance. Enough said, make your own decision.

Good diving, Craig

Po TAY to
Po TAH to

You say colorful charachter, I say offensive. That is why it is difficult to give a good read on him. He has some good points and some distasteful points, as do we all.

He has alienated many local operators, though. The bad-mouthing is one of the things I do not like.

sea nmf,

Point well taken. I'm a very occasional visitor and need a reliable, dependable operator. You're a local and want and need something else.

Respectfully yours, good diving, Craig

its reallly a very simple a question was asked and the question was answered.by more than one person.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know the thread was closed.

you know for every story that praises alex i could recite 3 horror stories relating to how he treated someone on his boat.rather then type a book i kept it simple.

The local Oahu exchange seems very personal. Black 3000psi, I don't see any of your allegations in print, do you wish to elaborate? I placed my review for all to read, with the excepton of the honesty exhibited by sea nmf, no one else has posted anything of value in this thread. My experiences stand on their own merit, what else do people have to make their own judgements?

Good diving, Craig

PS Black 3000psi, I met Kirsten when she was working for Alex in 2006. You're absolutely correct, she's in a class by herself. I was lucky enough to see her again this year on the Enzo.

stay away..very far away..for every one good review he has a dozen bad ones

you know for every story that praises alex i could recite 3 horror stories relating to how he treated someone on his boat.rather then type a book i kept it simple.

Sorry, being the obsessive, compulsive physician I can't help but notice the decrease from 12:1 to 3:1 but without any support for either statement. Perhaps either of the posters would like to support their claim with posted reviews, even from ScubaBoard (I don't find them). I previously referenced the 8 of 8 positve reviews on Undercurrent. Undercurrent reviewers seem quite able and willing to post negative reviews. The apparently personal attacks from the Oahu diving community leaves me quite cold and dismayed.

Good diving, Craig

yes it is very personal, no im not going to elaberate; to do so would be to defend my position, and my position on the subject of alex needs no defence. now alex is more than welcome to start a thread asking why and I would be only too happy to answer.

Kirsten is by far one of the best instructors on the Islands. I have at least 200 dives logged with her.I recently had to undergo a emergency procedure.The last face I saw before the operation was Kirstens. when I woke up afterwords there was Kirsten holding my hand telling me to relax and reasuring me that I was ok. so if you have dove on mikes boat then you have been diving with the best. not many people know it but mike is one heck of a diver. the truth be told I think i have about 300 dives off the Enzo.Mike and I have had afew adventures. so if you have been on both boats i dont see how you could doubt what i say is true. but oh well.

Last edited:
I went diving with Alex for the first time today and I cannot say more positive things about Alex, his operation, and his ability to give both an inexperienced diver (me) and my friend (who is much more experienced) a great time.

Living on Oahu, I have dove with a couple of different operations, but Alex stands out as he keeps his outings small and thinks of everything from bringing coffee out, providing hot towels, and lending dive computers. All of which make for a relaxed, safe environment.

A professional, bar none, I would heartily recommend Alex's Aquatic Adventures to the local Hawaii divers and those visiting the island. Thanks again! -M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom