Alexander Springs ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a few more...

who are the folks in the pics?

the first one is Madelyn (Madelyn), the second is Smokeaire (Chuck).

i am the third one from the left.

scubafool:
Andy, how did the new bouyancy compensating device work out?

awesome. i love it. not having the weightbelt gave me that
last half-inch, trimwise, that i needed (i am using 6 pounds up
top and 10 pounds in the pockets). i want to shave 2 more
pounds off that.

by the way, is Alexander Springs THE perfect place to work
on your buoyancy or what?

H2Andy:
the first one is Madelyn (Madelyn), the second is Smokeaire (Chuck).

i am the third one from the left.

a little fishie looking?

i'm incognito... tax issues and so on

Ummmm Andy, scuba divers usually wear tanks & regulators. I mean , you have the fins, but I don't see your mask, either. And not only that, but I can tell from experience that you were in that little cave when you took one particular picture. Strictly prohibited at AS. I know this because in my former life as a freediver I've probably been in that cave 100 times, no kidding. Did you talk to my little buddy the black catfish? He usually hangs out in the left hand split of that cave. When the flow is really high there, you can notice quite a current from the right hand side. Yes, AS is GREAt place to play with new gear or practice skills. The vis is usually incredible, and the depths are really shallow throughout most of the area except for the boil itself.

i am wearing a two-piece 3mm (farmer john) plus a 3 mm vest with hood.

and yes, he was fine as far as i could tell. he looked very comfortable in the water.

Given your body type, I would think that you could trim off ten or more pounds for fresh water. I dive with only two pounds with an AL80 tank using that much protection. In salt water I use all of 6 pounds, and I am fat as a pig. You will find that your comfort level will increase with every pound you shed. Next time we get to dive, we will work on this some for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom