Alexander Springs Oct 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to work, or I would be there. Have fun.
I am loading up the car. Too bad SF I thought maybe it being Saturday you could make it. Oh well next weekend at Ginnie.

I just need to get wet and play around. The lakes in northern Wisconsin were cold, dark, and low vis. Alexander is the opposite:D going to take camera. I heard they removed 4 gators and re located them. Even Al. E. Gator the 12 footer we got pictures of.

Got there and was the 6th person in the water. It was nice until the classes showed up! Boy do they have a lot of people in these classes. There were two different dive shops and both of them had to have had at least 12 divers. I made the mistake and swam through the boil area, a kid came down upside down tank first and landed on me! These must have all been beginners classes because it was a mess. The visibility instantly changed to terrible. So much debris in the water that had been stirred up. Also have sand in all my gear from all the sand that was stirred up.

Oh well, got wet anyway and burned a tank and it was warmer and nicer than Wisconsin.

This is the first time I have been there on the weekend, boy what a crowd. I went back and hid in the cavern for a little while, then a snorkeler came in there.

The ranger there did say they removed the gators, 1-12 footer, 1-10 footer, and 2 more smaller ones.

Cavern? I thought it was next to impossible to get in there?
It is very small, enough room for one person to go in just a little and turn around and come back out. sort of like the one at KP hole in Rainbow River, except smaller. Go in a little turn right it dead ends, turn left it gets really small.

It is very small, enough room for one person to go in just a little and turn around and come back out. sort of like the one at KP hole in Rainbow River, except smaller. Go in a little turn right it dead ends, turn left it gets really small.

Sounds like an awesome time!!!
Yes , that little cavern pinches down really fast ... :D
But it's fun to play in.
See you in 5 days .... (Tick..Tick..Tick..)

I just got back from Marianna ... Boy oh boy , 4 dives in Jackson Blue this weekend.

The SORE Bean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom