Alert failures on subscribed threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I really like the current board better than the old V-whatever that was, in a lot of ways. I do get failures tho, when new posts are made to some of my subscribed threads - no alerts.

Tis the way it is.

I guess that I can just keep Unread Watched Threads open on a tab and refresh it now & then.

Have you checked the box for
"Receive an alert when someone Replies to a watched thread"
under Profile - > Alert Preferences?
Yep. I get most Alerts. Just not all that I should. Some threads just get ghosted.

I have noticed it too. Not sure, but it seems like what might be happening is that when I ignore an alert I won't get any further alerts on that thread until I click/read it again.

I have NOT done any particular testing of that hypothesis to confirm that is the scenario at play.

It's a wonky algorithm and the size of our DB makes it even wonkier. It was designed to not 'over' alert, so there are a number of conditions that won't allow an alert to pass. We're due for a DB cleanup, but that will be another month or two. That may help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom