randomly dont get email notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will randomly not get email notifications when a thread I am subscribed do has a new post

I'll be subscribed to a thread - receive notifications
Then suddenly just not receive from particular threads

Then when browsing New Posts, I'll notice there have been several new posts but no email notifications received

Yes, I can see a number appended to the bell icon - but I never check that.

I want to receive email notifications.

Understood, I'm just trying to collect information for troubleshooting. Could you go to one of your more active "Watched" threads that is not sending the email and click Unwatch? Then click Watch after the button changes.

About how long has it been since you received an email notification on an Watched thread? I don't think our email server has been down but @Miyaru would know a LOT more.

Understood, I'm just trying to collect information for troubleshooting. Could you go to one of your more active "Watched" threads that is not sending the email and click Unwatch? Then click Watch after the button changes.

About how long has it been since you received an email notification on an Watched thread? I don't think our email server has been down but @Miyaru would know a LOT more.

Whenever I don't receive a notification then find out I'm not receiving emails, ill unwatch then watch.
But I've not been keeping track if I've begun receiving notifications.
It's hard to make note.

I receive notifications on certain threads every time.

I received plenty today for example.

Then ill chance upon a thread I'm subscribed to but not receiving notifications.

But it's hard to figure out which ones I've stopped receiving notifications on.

Because I'll need to actively track all the threads I've subscribed to and monitor which ones I'm not receiving emails on.

I'll keep an eye out from today if that helps.

Thanks.

But it's hard to figure out which ones I've stopped receiving notifications on.

Depending on how many you are Watching, you could check and uncheck the most recent, whether you missed getting an email or not. You can see all of the threads that the database thinks you Watch to here:

1654371947429.png

As of updates since last night - I have received all notifications

But from memory, its older threads that I subscribed to that I don't receive notifications from

You know - the reason could be that I may have received a notification, not click on the link - and then not receive updates because scuba board is setup to not notify you again

But I doubt this because the threads I chanced upon were threads I would have most certainly opened

Will continue to keep an eye out

Thanks

Ok so I definitely did not receive notifications for these three threads:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom