Aldora opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptAl

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be spending a week alone on Coz in Jan and am thinking of Aldora. I know they cost more but I am leaning toward them for several reasons...
Steel 120's = more bottom time;
Long surface interval = more bottom time;
Separating beginners from advanced = more bottom time.
I would appreciate any/all opinions of this.
BTW, anybody gonna be there Jan 18-25? I'm staying alone at PLG and wouldn't mind having a buddy for a few beers or shore dives.

CaptAl once bubbled...
I'll be spending a week alone on Coz in Jan and am thinking of Aldora. I know they cost more but I am leaning toward them for several reasons...
Steel 120's = more bottom time;
Long surface interval = more bottom time;
Separating beginners from advanced = more bottom time.
I would appreciate any/all opinions of this.
BTW, anybody gonna be there Jan 18-25? I'm staying alone at PLG and wouldn't mind having a buddy for a few beers or shore dives.

Your decisions sound good. I stayed at the Plaza Las Glorias (PLG) once. The night time shore diving is just incredible With depths of only about 15- 25 ft. you can stay down for quite a while. Octopi and stingrays were everywhere as well as some crustaceans. We saw some green eyes in the distance that were not on the bottom but couldn't verify if they were sharks or not.

Good Luck and have fun...

My friends got back last weekend and they told me that since Dave has taken Aldora back, its back to the same great service it was in the past. You got to know he's gonna do right with a business named after his grandmother.

I did my AOW with Aldora last month. An exceptional operation. I found all the claims they make to be true, especially regarding the personal service and long bottom times. If you haven't already, do a search on the board for "Aldora" and you'll get my previous posts plus others. You won't be disapointed. If you want more details, feel free to send me a private message.
Rich

Started diving with Aldora severazl years ago and have never dove with anyone else. Why change?

Outstanding operation. Won't dive with another operator. Great service and DM's.

Al,

You are going to have a great trip. Your reasons for selecting Aldora are sound and accurate. They will meet or exceed your expectations and I've always found them to be well worth the little extra they charge. Friendly staff, small groups, fast boats, high capacity tanks and nice surface intervals at Playa Sol adds a lot of value. I've always met good folks on the Aldora boats and I'm sure you will have new diving and carousing pals to hang with in no time if you are traveling solo. PLG is situated within easy walking distance to town, has nice rooms and good shore diving.

Enjoy!

BrettM once bubbled...
Al,

[...]
Friendly staff, small groups, fast boats, high capacity tanks and nice surface intervals at Playa Sol adds a lot of value.
[...]

No offense intended, and nothing against Aldora, but all the above except for the larger tanks are normsl features of many other dive ops on Cozumel, and most charge less for their services. If you dive a lot while you're there, that difference in cost adds up, and if you consistently come up "in the yellow", the larger tanks won't extend your BT very much.

ggunn once bubbled...

If you dive a lot while you're there, that difference in cost adds up, and if you consistently come up "in the yellow", the larger tanks won't extend your BT very much.

I agree. There are many excellent dive ops on Cozumel for less money....in some cases, a lot less money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom