Aldora opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the dive sites up north like?

Just a quick note to let you know that, nowadays, Aldora has yoke valve tanks as well. My Atomics M-1 was a perfect fit without modification.

Best

They are AWESOME! Barracuda, San Jaun, and Abrigo are
very unspoiled since they are rarely dived. But be prepared for the currents. I've had a couple of dives where we didn't see much because the current was really ripping.

If you're so inclined (and because you'll be out of the Marine Park), you can catch your dinner up North.

Glad to here Aldora has yoke valves now.........

Todd

TDunbar once bubbled...

If you're so inclined (and because you'll be out of the Marine Park), you can catch your dinner up North.

I heard that the Mex gov't. has or had plans to extend the Marine National Park to encompass the reefs off the entire island. I don't know if it has happened yet.

TDunbar once bubbled...

(Quoting BrettM) For me Aldora has always been worth the extra they charge.

Wow! I wish more folks thought like you did.....

Why? Do you work for Aldora?

As for myself, I'm glad that a lot of people (like me) think that ops like Aldora are too expensive. If a lot more folks were willing to pay $87 for a two tank dive on Cozumel, then that is what it would cost all of us.

Nah, not quite ready to pack it in and become a fulltime dive bum........yet.

What I should have said was that its nice to see someone who knows what they like and is willing to pay for it.

Todd

Don't worry, Gordon. There will always be a low cost provider.........way too many boats and hungry mouths to feed

Todd

TDunbar once bubbled...
Nah, not quite ready to pack it in and become a fulltime dive bum........yet.

What I should have said was that its nice to see someone who knows what they like and is willing to pay for it.

Todd

OK, but I fit that category as well; it's just that what I like and am willing to pay for doesn't happen to include diving with Aldora. DSFDF.

Aldora isn't my favorite, lest anyone think otherwise. But they do provide yet another option for those who like what they provide. What I like most about them is that they let you come back to the boat in buddy pairs, as opposed to other ops that end the dive for evreyone when the first person runs low on air - all the more reason to charter your own boat when down the Coz way.......

Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom