Alaska Airlines no longer flying to Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alaska Airlines just dropped Cancun from it's flight line today! Dang I am so bummed, no more companion pass tickets to Cancun.

Heard they were planning on dropping it and focusing on Hawaii and the mainland. On their website is just says "discontinued" for the routes to Cancun.

Last edited:
Damn - that sucks. I have occasionally benefitted from getting a bump on a business flight (my company uses AS a lot for flights up and down the west coast) and used it for trips to Cancun (jumping off for Cozumel and points south). If they have really pulled the plug on their flight to CUN, then what am going to do? Vacation in Kotzebue? I don't think so.

I sure hope this is only temporary. :(

I know, I just discovered how awesome Cozumel is... oh well, I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay for a flight from LAX to Coz.

From what I read in the paper about Alaska Air, it is a permanent switch. From Seattle you can book on Alaska (using miles) to Cancun but you'll be flying United or American from LAX or some other place.

Darn!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom