Aladin Pro Nitrox VS aladin Pro Ultra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prepare

Reaction score
Hi,

I came across a Aladin Pro nitrox for sale for $300 the other day(from LDS not online)and im wondering if I should go with that or the Aladin Pro Ultra.

From Simply Scuba The Pro Ultra is only $28 more then the Pro nitrox and they both seem to have EXACTLY the same features.

Im leaning towards the Ultra because it seems bigger, maybe easier to read and is newer then the Pro nitrox (not sure if this is true but I have heard the Aladins are early 90s computers?).

of course I could just go with a bottom timer for a lot less...which im completly happy to do but I like the logbook features of the computers.To get the Pro nitrox for $300 I have to order it in the next few hours, and I really dont know what to go with...

Im also needing to get a whole new reg set, I was thinking Apeks TX50 + TX20 octo....and I KNOW that a good set of regs is 10x more important then a computer, but I dont want to miss out of this deal and have to pay the full $500 when I want to buy the computer next month or whatever...

So should I go with the Aladin Pro NItrox, the Ultra

OR

miss out and buy my new reg set..

hi,
i have pro nitrox and as far as i know, ultra has different screen protector (i preffer my silicon sticker) and has iluminated LCD!!!

sasha

For 28$ more, I would have no doubt; the Ultra came out just over a year ago, the Pro Nitrox is at least 5-6 years old.

I use the Ultra, I had a normal Aladin Pro until I took the nitrox course.

At first I thought it was way too big, but I'm quite happy with it, with about 100 dives so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom