Akona 2007 Roller Duffle Bag (AKB226), opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got a link so I can look at it? I need a roller bag also

I have the older Akona roller duffel and it's pretty good. This one looks even better, I can see that I would like the extra pocket too, for holding the regs, or whatever else. I wonder how long the main compartment is compared to the old bag.

Pretty heavy if you fly but looks good for trips by vehicle.

We got the older Akona AKB-224 roller duffel (this one's predecessor?) a couple years ago from ScubaToys. See attached pic. I think Larry told me that they'd had seen some minor durability (?) problems, but he generally recommended it.

I've been real happy with it. It certainly seems tough enough. Several transcontinental dive trips (yeah, it's a bit heavy, but that's a trade-off); plus a... um.. long Government-sponsored trip to East Africa.

The problem with attachable regulator bags is, a lot of people prefer to travel with their regs in carry-on. I do. Not so much because of a fear of damage in my case, but to cut down on weight in checked luggage.

Attachments

• AKB224.jpg
    AKB224.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 109
Paco II:
Just wondering if anyone has picked up one of these roller duffel bags? Opinions?

I have the same bag that is shown in the link you provided. I haven't had any problems w/it. Aside from my mask, computer, and regs (all in carry on) everything else goes in the duffel...wetsuit, bc, fins, knives, snorkel, booties, rashguard, a few towels, and several shirts and shorts. The duffel gets checked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom