Any recommendation on roller duffle bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLuketw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi folks,

As title, any recommendations on roller duffle bag? Shoulder straps is a must and it has to be at least 90L capacity.

Thanks

You haven't mentioned budget. Personally I stay away from the dive brands for this, and prefer brands like Osprey. They're not cheap, but you also get a real warranty (any reason, any time) and amazing service from them. They have several options in the size range you mentioned, specifically the Transporter Wheeled Duffel 90, however when you say "shoulder straps", are you talking about a single strap that goes over a shoulder, or backpack style straps? The Transporter does NOT have backpack straps as an option. For that I would look at the Sojourn Wheeled Travel, although it only goes up to 80L. They also have the Daylite 85L which is closer to your 90L and is actually quite a bit cheaper than the Soujourn and also 4lbs lighter. Obviously there's a difference in build material etc. so you have to look at what/where you want to compromise.

Eagle Creek has the Cargo Hauler XT 90L wheeled duffel and is another brand I like.

No doubt there are many other options out there too! Sure glad I'm not the pack mule that has to consider carrying a 90L backpack though!!

5lb

You haven't mentioned budget. Personally I stay away from the dive brands for this, and prefer brands like Osprey. They're not cheap, but you also get a real warranty (any reason, any time) and amazing service from them. They have several options in the size range you mentioned, specifically the Transporter Wheeled Duffel 90, however when you say "shoulder straps", are you talking about a single strap that goes over a shoulder, or backpack style straps? The Transporter does NOT have backpack straps as an option. For that I would look at the Sojourn Wheeled Travel, although it only goes up to 80L. They also have the Daylite 85L which is closer to your 90L and is actually quite a bit cheaper than the Soujourn and also 4lbs lighter. Obviously there's a difference in build material etc. so you have to look at what/where you want to compromise.

Eagle Creek has the Cargo Hauler XT 90L wheeled duffel and is another brand I like.

No doubt there are many other options out there too! Sure glad I'm not the pack mule that has to consider carrying a 90L backpack though!!
Thanks pal, Let’s just say the budget goes up to 300$, and I mean backpack style straps, cause I sometimes go to dive site by motorcycle, thats why I need those straps badly.

Thanks again for your recommendation, I’ll definitely look those up.

I have used this for many airline trips. 110L, Has wheels, shoulderstraps, 4lb4oz, very durable.

I've been looking for the same thing. Be sure to check the weight of the bag itself. Most that I have run across are 8-9 lbs. Typically, an unwheeled backpack will run around 3-4 lbs. I have to stay below the 50 lb limit so giving away almost a quarter of that is not good. Of all the bags I checked out the Sojourn was the nicest. But really expensive at almost $400. It also seems the Sojourn has availability issues from time to time.

I've been looking for the same thing. Be sure to check the weight of the bag itself. Most that I have run across are 8-9 lbs. Typically, an unwheeled backpack will run around 3-4 lbs. I have to stay below the 50 lb limit so giving away almost a quarter of that is not good. Of all the bags I checked out the Sojourn was the nicest. But really expensive at almost $400. It also seems the Sojourn has availability issues from time to time.
I can confirm the bag I posted (above your post) is just 4lb 4oz and it has good sized durable wheels. :)

The Sojourn is certainly a nice series, but comes with the weight penalty. I use a smaller one for carry-on purposes and love it. The Eagle Creek options are half the weight almost. For use on a motorcycle (I ride too) I'm hoping that you need the size of the capacity for bulky but light weight items (fins for example) not because you plan to fill it to capacity with 50+lb of gear. I would NOT want that on my bike while riding. I don't even ride with my laptop backpack on my back for my daily commute, I strap a duffel on the back of the bike which keeps the COG (center of gravity) lower, and if the worst happens and I go down, my back isn't going to get beat up by something strapped to it. I couldn't imagine a 90L bag strapped to my back in such circumstances!!

I have used this for many airline trips. 110L, Has wheels, shoulderstraps, 4lb4oz, very durable.
This seems to be a solid choice, thank you.

The Sojourn is certainly a nice series, but comes with the weight penalty. I use a smaller one for carry-on purposes and love it. The Eagle Creek options are half the weight almost. For use on a motorcycle (I ride too) I'm hoping that you need the size of the capacity for bulky but light weight items (fins for example) not because you plan to fill it to capacity with 50+lb of gear. I would NOT want that on my bike while riding. I don't even ride with my laptop backpack on my back for my daily commute, I strap a duffel on the back of the bike which keeps the COG (center of gravity) lower, and if the worst happens and I go down, my back isn't going to get beat up by something strapped to it. I couldn't imagine a 90L bag strapped to my back in such circumstances!!
Since I just got into scuba diving, and mostly diving without the need to take a flight, so my current setup is quite heavy and bulky, haven't had a chance to investigate in a light weight travel gears. Need to find a better way to pack my gears perhaps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom