Airfares gone through the roof!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dates are Feb 13-20. If I travel on the 12 the price drops a little. I've been coming for many years and I know the airfare bounces around some, but I've never seen prices this high!

My dates are Feb 13-20. If I travel on the 12 the price drops a little. I've been coming for many years and I know the airfare bounces around some, but I've never seen prices this high!
Yeah, it looks like they get higher the last week of Carnival - but you could setup an email alert for changes and they are happening...

ScreenHunter_14 Jan. 26 16.21.jpg

Here is an adventurous but cheap way...
ScreenHunter_13 Jan. 26 16.15.jpg

You could also try Orbitz vacation packages with 200entertain code to lower costs.

Lots of other good dive destinations with good deals. I got this a couple of days ago from Continental. All are round trip fares. I think they are expired, but I get offers all the time.

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) San Juan, PR (SJU) $210
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) $218
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Grand Cayman Island, Cayman Islands (GCM) $238
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS) $268
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP) $268
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) $283
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT) $291
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Aruba (AUA) $298
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (SXM) $298
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Antigua (ANU) $328
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Curacao-Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles (CUR) $418
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles (BON) $430

Has anyone used the 200entertain code lately? I tried it on an air/hotel package a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work....
Yep, tried it today for this Feb 13-20 trip. Worked fine for Casa del Mar. It is so similar to last years entertain200 code which once had a 5 night minimum that it's easy to confuse. This year is is 200entertain with a 7 night minimum. Sidenote: West coast fliers taking overnight flights must plan to be there 7 nights, not just gone 7 nights.

If you can't get it to work, give the dates & details, or call Orbitz help line. :wink:

I was testing it yesterday too and it worked. You dont see the discount when you first apply it, you have to get to the screen closer to the final checkout.

And by the way joker, where are the video links from December?:missing:

Has anyone used the 200entertain code lately? I tried it on an air/hotel package a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work....
Was it for 7 nights? Last year you could use it on 6, but this year I believe it has to be 7 or more.

Thanks everyone! This was really meant to be a rant - but I appreciate everyones help!

I just bought two tickets for $791 each:mooner:

Hopefully Orbitz's price assurance guarantee will kick in and I'll get a refund. The dates and destination were pretty much set because this is an annual trip with a fairly large group (club).

Holy $**t !!! That's the cost of my RT flight between Paris and Cancun !!! :shocked2:

Yeah..but if you were to book for that week today from Paris, it would run you $1500 RT.

Sometimes you can get some last minute deals, but especially going during Carnival tickets can be pricey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom