airfare in december?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Yeah, I went on the Great Escape for 3 days Memorial Day Weekend. Super diving, super food, etc. Just need to bring a a foam pad for the mattress next time. I'm looking into a Singles Group Trip for next summer sometime?

I was there too on the Horizon. We went to Catalina & San Clemente Island. Couldn't have asked for better weather...:)

Try www.clickatrip.net scroll to air only check every day for updates and buy as soon as you see what you want. There are only a couple of seats at those prices. The tour operaters and air lines use them as a leader to get you in. If your fast enough you may be able to get them. If not sometime you get the next lowest which might not be listed but may be only $25 more.

d56nut:
ATA has pulled many of it's gates from Chicago so the time of the flight got changed. Originally it landed in Coz around 2:00 (I think). Now, it's not scheduled to arrive until 5:30 in the evening

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-fin-ata27.html

As you may or may not have heard, ATA has filed for bankruptcy and is giving up all of their gates at Midway... not good news for Chicago travellers.

They do claim that they will not leave anyone stranded. We'll see if that holds true... Apparently AirTran will be picking up all of the vacated gates (pending city approval).

Have you made any sort of decision who you are flying with?

We decided to go with Continental. Price was 440.00 and we get into Cozumel at 11:30 in the morning! At least the first day won't be blown! 33 days to go!

d56nut:
We decided to go with Continental. Price was 440.00 and we get into Cozumel at 11:30 in the morning! At least the first day won't be blown! 33 days to go!
Great! I have recently learned that even Cont Air's web site is not always as cheap as calling their res line on the phone. :blush: I booked flights to Utila via Cont Air today, saving $60+ over the phone.

I'm flying ATA from Indy to Cancun next month. As far as going out of busines, I'm not affected......yet. They did call me earlier this week to let me know my flight time had changed by about 15 minutes.

I've always been please with ATA and have been using them for 4 years now. I would hate to see them go out of business altogether.

d56nut:
Hi All,

Well, I think I messed things up!!!

Don't feel alone! I'm gonna be in Coz the same 12/3 thru 12/11. As I did initial planning 2 weeks ago net fares were about $570. Now nothing under $700. Learned my lesson about booking early, and using an agent that will get me reductions that occur while protecting me from increases.

In grand scheme of things, it's a pretty minor point, though. Enjoy the diving!!!

We should all put money in and buy a ScubaBoard Jet, that way we cal all fly where we want to go, any time of the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom