Air Fills in Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In planning for a busy summer of diving in the region I find myself looking beyond home base and wondering where I can get air fills.

I'm looking for any leads on Maine dive shops and air fill stations that may be of use. I hear of some air simply air stations operating out of a garage that won't turn up on a web search. Please post whatever you know. I'll compile them as part of this thread and also make them accessible from my website. If you have phone numbers or web addresses that's great but I'll work with any leads. I'm guessing that the state has fewer than a dozen dive shops so I'm hoping for a few hidden Jewels.

Thanks,
Pete

Play it Again Sports in Brewer, and Hamilton Marine in Southwest Harbor are two that I know of around here.

rb-mdi:
Play it Again Sports in Brewer, and Hamilton Marine in Southwest Harbor are two that I know of around here.

That's interesting... I stopped into Play it Again in Auburn a few weeks ago wondering if they happened to have any used scuba gear and it was like the sport didn't exist. Do you know how much other scuba gear the Brewer location has?

Thanks,
Pete

There's a fill station on the left on the way in to Winter Harbor about 1/2 mile before you hit the harbor. Mostly they're there for urchin divers but happy to fill off-season as well. Perfectly located on the way out to the Schoodic Pt. It was there for sure two years ago, but I wasn't there last year. I suspect you know about that one if you dive Acadia.

David

I'm finally getting started on my links page. So far I have the Maine dive shop/fill stations up. I invite submissions of any I may have missed.

Here it is.

Pete

Play it again Sports in Brewer is closed. The owner opened a new dive shop on RT 1A in Dedham (between Brewer and Ellsworth). The place is called Down East Dive Shop.

poe67:
Play it again Sports in Brewer is closed. The owner opened a new dive shop on RT 1A in Dedham (between Brewer and Ellsworth). The place is called Down East Dive Shop.

My information agrees and my list reflects that.

Anyone know o a place to get fills in Bar Harbor? We'll be at the Blackwood camp site (Acadia) next week for four days, and looking for leads on places to get fills. Pete, I know you were up that way a few weeks ago. Any leads other than what's in your report?

Rainer:
Any leads other than what's in your report?

The trip report includes the only known sources in the immediate area. My Maine air fill station list includes a few others such as in Waterville that may be of use as you approach MDI depending on your route and timing.

Hey Rainer... Hamilton Marine in Southwest Harbor. It is about 15 - 20 minutes from Downtown Bar Harbor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom