AI for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Especially for cave diving, very nice to have it on your wrists and not have to mess with SPG. I dive with two Perdix AI when diving OC and both transmitters go to both computers, one on each arm.

Yep. Especially for cave diving, very nice to have it on your wrists and not have to mess with SPG. I dive with two Perdix AI when diving OC and both transmitters go to both computers, one on each arm.
Do you still carry spg on your tanks or nope?

Natalie Gibb makes a pretty compelling argument:

I remember when Nat and a few of the other instructors at UTJ started switching over to AI shearwater systems. Those have worked really well. I’m still on SPGs and do not plan to change anytime soon, but it’s not because I don’t believe in them, it’s because doing so would cost me a couple thousand dollars, when I now have two perfectly functioning shearwater computers (non-AI) and SPGs for my main tanks and stages. I’m not willing to spend that much money to avoid having to look at SPGs. In SM AI is a convenience because you have to check pressure on two tanks and switch frequently. If you don’t mind spending the money, go for it.

Yes, Yes and Yes (but it aint pretty)

Absolutely worth it to have both my main tanks on display— felt very comforting when I had to donate a whole tank to a rather oblivious “buddy” who went OOA, to see both my and “his” air while trying to figure out our way to shore.

Config is far from perfect — I think it brought a couple instructors I went diving with nightmares, but I know how to make it less janky
Transmitter on the left (closer to armpit) so it can twist with tank neck to be as close as possible to the computer
SPG on the right (lower/closer to ribs), I generally swing it behind me and forget about it

Plan to switch to a splitter on a single side (HP port) and have thembungeed on the tanks, less jank more comfort

Oops, forgot the pic

This is the left reg/necklace reg btw, so just turn it 90ccw for a pov

Attachments

• 391EEBCC-7D49-45D6-8F11-148882875D8A.jpeg
    391EEBCC-7D49-45D6-8F11-148882875D8A.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 44
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom