AI for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Transmitters and SPG on each cylinder. Yesterday I was glad I had both. Much easier to check pressures on the Perdix. Perdix will also give a reg switch alarm. But yesterday something went wrong with the Perdix - Both transmitter displays said comms failure at the same time. I was one hour into a planned 1:45 dive. Last pressure reading I remembered was 2000 and 1750. Held the Perdix right next to each transmitter but no joy. Turned the dive, and made an uneventful shore exit because I had SPGs as a backup. Sent e-mail to Shearwater. Changed all 3 batteries. Functioned normal today.
I'll be sticking with AI plus SPG from now on.

Worst of both worlds?

Pick one and run it with appropriate gas planning, then carry a spare to swap between dives should something go awry.

guilty as charged, I get anxious about them as well and I find myself "checking" on them more often than I like

they (the jank) have always been a temporary soln. since I am not finding HP splitters in stock to run them without swivels (comfortably)

I am open to other ideas/suggetions -- within the requirment: I wanna use both a transmitter and (non button) SPG 🤷🏽‍♀️

EDIT: I know it's an eyesore -- I wish I put a trigger warning in the last post 🙈
Remove the SPG and that swivel+hose
Turn the regulator body sideways like 99.9% of SM divers do
Route the transmitter down towards the base of the tank

Снимите SPG и этот вертлюг + шланг.
Поверните корпус регулятора в сторону, как это делают 99,9% дайверов SM.
Направьте передатчик вниз к основанию резервуара.

I do the two transmitter thing. I wish the led on the transmitter would change colors based on the gas in the tanks. Something like:
Blue: > 2500 (thirds on steel is 2400)
Green: 2000 - 2500
Yellow: 1500 - 2000 (thirds on aluminum)
Yellow Blink: 1000 - 1500
Red: 500 - 1000
Red blink: < 500

That way, if you had a connection failure, you could look and see your approximate gas. Also, your buddy could glance at your gas.

I do the two transmitter thing. I wish the led on the transmitter would change colors based on the gas in the tanks. Something like:
Blue: > 2500 (thirds on steel is 2400)
Green: 2000 - 2500
Yellow: 1500 - 2000 (thirds on aluminum)
Yellow Blink: 1000 - 1500
Red: 500 - 1000
Red blink: < 500

That way, if you had a connection failure, you could look and see your approximate gas. Also, your buddy could glance at your gas.
Ratio or Mares transmitters use a color-coding scheme to signal tank pressure.

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom