• 45 - 54 years olf

Votes: 111 20.8%
  • 55 - 64 years old

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • 65 & over

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving for 21 years, now I'm 50 whoa!! We have seen some incredible sights underwater ( and I dont just mean my wife and diver buddy! ). So many places to go , so little time, so little money, but we still enjoy each day - been married for 29 years and we both look forward to new dive areas each year. As long as the good Lord gives us good health, we are thankful!
Dive Safe
Caymaniac

I wander who is the oldest diver out there and how old is to old to dive....200 lol

Hi guys:

I really don't even think about old age. I due what i love to do, in which is Scuba & little camping though. I have a job in which you half to stay in good physical condition & i love to walk & don't have any dirty habits. ay, maybe one though...lol

To sum it up, i'm just turn 54 yrs old & the only noticeable show of age i have is a few gray hairs... You all know what's good for that ..lol..

I'll be diving hopefully into my late 60's or when the good lord ask me to dive up in heaven....

Safe diving to ya all!:wave:

Hi Danceswithoctopus, I like your handle. I was thinking that in this scenario, I hope the soldjers don't shoot the octopus. And yes, being dead is too old to dive, that is unless of course your buried at sea!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :jester:

So, you're saying, essentially, that 'too old to dive' = 'crab bait'?

(I'm a sick puppy sometimes.)

Happy birthday, Caymaniac (better late than never).

Actual age: 28
Mental age: depends on whether or not I've had my caffeine ration yet
Effective age: somewhere older... too many hard-on-the-body hobbies

Got certified during university, then didn't do anything with it... starting to get back into diving now that I'm no longer limited by the starving-student factor.

As for how long you can keep diving... Well, grandpa sold the cottage when it started getting too hard to put the docks in or out each year. On his own. He was 75 at the time, so I figure I've got lots of time left to be amphibious.

Jamie

Man, I knew there was something I forgot. Thanks jeblis for reminding me. I'm almost 55 and I miss being 21 also. As a matter of fact, I miss both, 21 and 27. Then there was that wonderful vintage year of age 25.(Married my scuba buddy). Sometimes I wonder how I survived those younger ages. But, we do what we have to do. LONG LIVE BIRTHDAYS! When they stop, we stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom