• 45 - 54 years olf

Votes: 111 20.8%
  • 55 - 64 years old

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • 65 & over

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in my very early 50s, if you count against a simple calendar. Still can't believe it's me talking when I have to admit that!!

But I'm only 25 or so in my own mind.

And because I've looked after myself and continue to exercise and eat wisely, I reckon I probably have the phsyique and energy of someone in their 30s.

So - am I allowed to average that out at somewhere about 35 - it sounds fine to me.

Well... 31 years old. Act like I'm 12. Feel like I'm 21.

Enough said...:eek:ut:

woooo glad to hear people can dive for so long!
(im not gonna say when they get old coz i dont plan on doing that anytime soooon :wink:
I was beginning to think I was a later starter, usually associate sports with the high school kids and stuff, but its great to see diving can be so fun all the way through life.. ok maybe ill have a son and get him to carry the tanks when i get a but weak in the knees!

still 20 here, sometimes it doesnt feel like that! hehe

bring on the 21st celebrations i say.. party in the big city :p
hmm, thats the plan anyway, gets to about a week before my birthday and it's more like "awww sod it, lets just hit some bars in town"

the joys of have the most organised of friends! :wink:

I don't know... I am in my 30s but, I still think the college students look 12!!
All that matters is if you can still strap on an air tank!!!

Hello all,
I'm 43...i know, a little late to start diving but i look really good in my wetsuit!!! I now know the reason i workout everday..... :wink:
I asked my dive buddy the other day if i looked fat in my suit and he just stared at me like i was psycho..... it's a girl thing...lol

sxyscubagal once bubbled...
Hello all,
I'm 43...i know, a little late to start diving but i look really good in my wetsuit!!! I now know the reason i workout everday..... :wink:
I asked my dive buddy the other day if i looked fat in my suit and he just stared at me like i was psycho..... it's a girl thing...lol

Don't ever, ever, ever post a post like this without a before and after pic........before you get into the wetsuit, and of course after........:wink:

Started diving at 40. But I don't think much about age and I don't mind telling people how old I am. It just sounds really weird to be 41 because I don't act or feel that old and people don't think I'm that old, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

What was really weird was when my little sister turned 30 (how could she be 30???). That made me feel old! It was more weird for her to be 30 than for me to be 40! Don't ask me why! LOL

Some say I'm older than dirt or I'm a dinosaur,
but I have evolved:
I learned to Scuba dive when I was 15. (you do the math).
We didn't have SPG's, we had J valves
Regulators had two hoses.
We didn't have BC's, we wore a Mae West (Navy surplus CO2 vest) , some one else can expalin who Mae West was.
and an Octopus was still an 8 armed cephalopod. We were taught to buddy breath.
Times have changed.
Training and equipment have certainly changed over the years.

For the better I think.

Mike D

:blfish:

Well so far it looks as if I'm the youngest to post a reply, I don't know if I am the youngest here or not.... I'm 14, will be 15 on April 26th, 2003. I am very glad that I got to start diving early, as it leaves the rest of my life to explore all the wonderful dive sites I want to visit. I have to agree with AviZ on the responsibility thing. Just because were young dosen't always mean were not responsible. Happy diving everyone!:)

Kayla:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom