Afternoon Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vannsbtch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know of a good company that can book us an afternoon dive? We contacted Jeremy with living underwater and he cant guarentee an afternoon booking. We like to enjoy our vacation and that includes not having to get up real early to go diving. We like small boats, and we really liked how you dove with Jeremy and he kept your equitment if you dove with him the next day. Kept us from hauling our gear around. We are staying at the Occidental Grande this year if that helps with the referral

What time of year are you going to be there? How busy the island is may determine the availability of afternoon dives.

Aldora is running them, at least according to THIS post.

Was going to say shore dive.....but he will have your gear (which is good as OG is a big place - schlepping it there would be a PAIN). Since he will have your gear, you can only really wait till you get there and see if he will be doing nay. But, like others have said....2 tanks a day will wear/narc out most ppl.....unless you do all nitrox.

Do a afternoon/night combo one day and call it good. Enjoy the beach the rest of the time! :)

From what I've read HERE, the onsite dive op at the Occidental Grand (Dive Palancar) has scheduled trips in the afternoon. You might have to schlep your gear, though, and I don't know about the size of their boats.

You will actually be MORE limited for afternoon options staying at the Occidental. Many shops that routinely do afternoon dives are one tank dives in the more northern sites - and I know that is what Aldora is doing - so finding an op to pick you up for these dives is going to be challenging. Your best bet if you don't want to do morning dives is to book with he onsite operator - they run one tank dives throughout the day so you can pick which ones you want to do. You will have to deal with your own gear though and they run the larger boats which can be crowded depending on the time of the year.

Depending on the time of year, we run afternoon boats pretty regularly, but we really need absolutely no less than 3 ppl and really 4ppl to go that far south.

I am a guy and kinda slow sometimes. Or often.

Are you saying that you want afternoon dives every day that you dive? If so, how late do you sleep?

I don't know if the following info is factual:

http://www.divevacations.com/dive-palancar.asp

In part: "Boats depart at 9:00 A.M. for the deepest dive of the day (80 - 130 ft) and at 10:30 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. for the most shallow dives of the day (40 - 60 ft.) The 2 :00 P.M. boat generally departs for a mid range dive of depths between 60 - 80 ft. Night Dives are scheduled for Monday, Wednesday or Friday and depart shortly before sunset for dives between 30 - 60 ft."

We just like to be able to sleep till like 8-9. Not real late but I dont like getting up at 7 on my off day if I dont have to. I like to enjoy diving, not make it work. We are booked to go April 12-18. Now that being said, we plan on going then, but we are rebuilding our house from the tornados that hit April 2011. We should be moving back in in April sometime. So if that becomes a problem we might be putting our trip off :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom