Questions about Pro Dive at Occidental.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy all,
We are heading down to the Occidental in June and I will be the only one diving since my wife doesn’t want to dive while we have our 9 and 12 year old boys with us. She doesn’t want to have both of us be out on the water while the kids are back at the resort. When just her and I were there about 13 years ago, pro dive was really awesome because you could come back to the resort after each dive and mix-and-match your dives as you pleased. Are they still doing that? I remember just booking something like a 10 or 15 dive package for the stay, and you could go out on either one or both of the morning dives or catch the afternoon dive, and throw in a night dive here and there. I’m hoping they still do this. Anyone have any insight on if they still run this way?
Thanks

I dove with Pro Dive at the Allegro and we picked up divers at the Occidental after leaving Allegro's dock and returned to the Allegro for SI. Not sure if it has changed since the fire there but I think that is still the same. We did have a diver that did the early dive and skipped the second and was told that a "dive" is two tank package and if you do one you use up a "dive".

Take a day off from diving and take your boys to swim with whale sharks. Its all day tour with Blue H2o Cozumel.
Thanks for the tip. Is June known for whale shark activity? Where does Blue H2O operate out of?

Thanks for the tip. Is June known for whale shark activity? Where does Blue H2O operate out of?

The whale shark season starts May 15 to sept 17. Blue H2o starts tours on June 1 and goes everyday. Blue H2o Cozumel is located on Cozumel. We take the 7am ferry and have a van take us to cancun marina where we depart on boat. 13 years of whale shark tours. we do pickup on the mainland as well.

The whale shark season starts May 15 to sept 17. Blue H2o starts tours on June 1 and goes everyday. Blue H2o Cozumel is located on Cozumel. We take the 7am ferry and have a van take us to cancun marina where we depart on boat. 13 years of whale shark tours. we do pickup on the mainland as well.
So you actually have to take the ferry to Cancun and go out of there on the boat?

So you actually have to take the ferry to Cancun and go out of there on the boat?
Yes. Its all day tour from Cozumel. We take ferry at 7, then van from Playa to Cancun. Normally return on 5pm ferry back to Cozumel. The sharks are close to isla Mujares area, about 1 hr and 20 minute boat ride..

Don't we wish there were whale sharks in Cozumel

The whale shark boat goes out from somewhere near Cancun. You cross to Playa del Carmen on the ferry and go overland to where the whale shark boat launches. It would be a very long boat ride from Cozumel or Playa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom