Aeris XR2 computer response

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have written you guys about 1 month ago with no response, but here goes again. I have a full Aeris system, BCD, regs, & XR2 computer. About 2 months ago I changed the battery thinking that was what was causing my problem. After I changed it, according to the manual, it went through it's checkout then all I got was an "ALT" message. I had read that that stands for altitude was a fatal error. What can I do? This system is only about 3 years old and registered with your company.

I have written you guys about 1 month ago with no response, but here goes again. I have a full Aeris system, BCD, regs, & XR2 computer. About 2 months ago I changed the battery thinking that was what was causing my problem. After I changed it, according to the manual, it went through it's checkout then all I got was an "ALT" message. I had read that that stands for altitude was a fatal error. What can I do? This system is only about 3 years old and registered with your company.

Nothing it has to go back to the factory for service. I think your cost will be 110 dollars.

I'd give them a call, lthomas132... (800) 647-0605. I had a problem replacing the battery in my XR2 and received immediate assistance when I called. Good luck and please post your results.

Nothing it has to go back to the factory for service. I think your cost will be 110 dollars.
That seems correct, IIRC. My XR2 died about 7 months after the warranty expired. I got on the phone with Aeris and we discussed trying to clear the error over the phone with no luck.
I'm thinking it was about $110.00 for a refurbished replacement. Looked better than the one I sent in and had a screen protector film installed when I received it. Still working like a champ.

Just got charged $120 to repair my XR2 that was out of warranty 6 months. If I could get even close to what I paid for it, I would sell it today & buy a GOOD brand. Never again!

I have an Atmos 2 doing the same thing. However, it seems to work OK when it water activates.

But....
Why would anybody spend $110 to fix an old Atmos 2 when you can buy a new XR-2 at LeisurePro for $200 with 2-yr manufacturers warranty?

Only pain is that they changed the interface module. Have to spend another $90 for that.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 12:45 PM ----------

Just got charged $120 to repair my XR2 that was out of warranty 6 months. If I could get even close to what I paid for it, I would sell it today & buy a GOOD brand. Never again!

I'll give you $125 for it.

I have an Atmos 2 doing the same thing. However, it seems to work OK when it water activates.

IF you read you manual you would find a clue as to what is going on with your computer.From your description the calibration is off and the transduce is fine. Your why does not fix the problem it just hids the problem.
Is your depth reading with in tolerance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom