Advice Requested - Compact Environmentally-Sealed Diaphragm 1st Stages for Travel - BM Single and Pony use.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @buddhasummer . I will be back to you at some point for kits, but I bought out the seller's stock of 6, so I am good for a while there. Parts I will have to evaluate once the others are in hand. Thank you for the service you provide to "US".

It's almost too cheap not to buy hmmmm...

Why do you have no love for AL?
I like some of their regs, but when I was diving two Legends for a short period, I removed the ACD (Automatic Closure Device) and made no single dive with that tech, only the old type DIN.

It seemed to me a disaster waiting to happen, and then there was an incident where it did indeed close on a diver:

Supposedly because it was not torqued right. Maybe it is sorted now, but you know me, I like simple, idiotproof designs (wonder what that says about me). The old Titan is nice, and if the Micron has the ACD removed, I'd like it.

The second stage seems to have potential to fall apart when the spring fails that loads the central locking pin.

I bought the parts from a core supreme to seal it, yoke included hoping the 8mm hex non ACD yoke inlet fits the core yoke, no reason why not but won't know till I get the parts and try I guess.

I added a DIN to my mikron yoke...it worked fine
I used this...

Aqua Lung 300 Bar (4350 psi) DIN Conversion Kit for Titan​

Back
Top Bottom