Advice needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Right now i am interested in a either a, UK Aquasun eLED, UK light cannon 100 (the HID one), or a 350xfire can light.

I've read many positive things about all three lights. Im a little biased towards the LED technology because sometimes i drop things on accident. But i've read that the HID lights generally light the area better.

Does anybody have any experience with the Novae lights that are for sale in the classifieds? One of those might be my backup lights, not quite sure on that yet though.

I would say , start by telling us what you want to do with it... From there, we can have a discussion.
With that said, at the lower power levels (12W), LED technology and HID are probably identical. It's when you get to the really high power stuff 20+W that HID is king for light output.
Second thing to look at is run time. The big benefit of a canister light is the run time. I designed mine for 5-7 hours run time. I don't know what the others are doing.

Novae- seems to be a nice bright light. However, like most Chinese stuff, some get flooded and some don't. Seems like quality control may not all be there.

GO with THE FORCE...Greenforce that is ,you won`t be sorry ,Quality doesn`t cost it pays...

Back
Top Bottom