Advantage Car Rental FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judydivescoz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will preface this rant with telling you that we have rented cars all over the US, and much of the world. Never have I felt a need to complain in a public forum about an experience!
We booked a long weekend dive trip to the Keys and found Advantage Car Rental had the best rates this trip. We picked up the car used it for the weekend with no issue and went to return it at the airport. We were a 2.5 hour late getting the car back and had no issue paying the $9 per hour late charge. The only problem was that the "system" decided to charge us $87. The $50 was not a lot of money but it's money we would rather have than be overcharged! The check in person suggested we go and speak with the customer service people on the 2nd floor. Anyone who has rented cars at FFL knows it's tough dragging dive bags and carry ons thru the car rental center that is separate from the terminal. The customer service ( I use that term loosely) told us tough, the rental contract had been closed and we were getting charged the $87. Instead of arguing further, we decided to call American Express to dispute the overcharge. We thought our disappointing experience was over. Today, Advantage called looking for their car! Our contract was not closed out and they had no idea where the car was! Unbelievable! Fortunately, we had proof of payment and ending mileage but they still argued with us about the whereabouts of their car we parked in their garage. Never again. Sticking with Enterprise next time.

sorry to hear about it...hopefully the dives went better than the car rental!
yeah I'd stick with Enterprise or Hertz... something to think about for next time no matter which one anyone uses is to take cell pix of the car before & after with timestamps & gps embedded. make sure to include extra details in at least 1 shot of the background, parking spot #, etc. the before and after help with any claims vs damage & where it was parked when you return it. not saying you haven't thought of it.. just throwing it out for anybody else.

I've had great luck and service with Sunshine Rent A Car over several years. I live in Fl now, so haven't used them for a few years. I would certainly use them again if needed.........They service a few airports in Florida only. The price is very low and service is very good!

My guess is Advantage was trying to rip you off--hoping you would just pay up!

Thanks for the post, as I suspect flying into FLL and driving to the Keys is something many of us do.

Just a quick note in case any of you ever find yourselves looking for a car rental IN Key Largo...Enterprise does a bang-up job there. Our buddy traveled with us to Key Largo and then needed his own transportation once we got there. He rented from Enterprise. It was both economical and easy!

Take it from someone who travels 25% for a living... avoid advantage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom