Advanced Wreck Diver with Richie Kohler @ GGD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your trying to sell the mullet toss, find another picture...please

ok... here's a few other "Mullet Toss" pics that you'll enjoy more. (less retina burn than the above.)

florabama1a.jpg

(I have no idea why she kisses her fish before she tosses it...)
tosspinkmulletkiss.jpg

florabama-mullet-toss-girl.jpg

florabama-mullet-toss-measure.jpg

Here's a video of the "Mullet Toss"

Leroy Koetz: View Media: FloraBama- "The Mullet Toss"

:)

My apology to Gary as his thread has gone to the 'fishes'.

Those were some great pics.....lol. Gary, if I am cleared, you can probably count me in on this unless I use up another one of my 9 lives. Even if I am not cleared, would love to meet RK. I don't know how he could pass up the Angels of Orange Beach at Florabama :wink:

I actually do have a question that is on topic. I already have Nitrox and Deep Dive training. What would the prerequisite wreck training class involve and what would the Advanced Wreck Training Class involve that will be in the spring of next year? I am also interested in doing this.

The Wreck that You need is the Basic Wreck that includes 4 hours class 4 dives with the last one being a penetration dive. We are doing this course from now through Sept. Tuition for the Basic Wreck is $220. + Boat fees ( if you have our boat package deal you can use it)
__________________________________________________________________________________

We are working on the Tuition and dates for the following AWD Class (dates should be in early to mid Spring 09.)

Advanced Wreck
Student Pre-requisites:
Eighteen years of age Advanced open-water certification
Minimum of 50 logged dives. Basic wreck ,Deep & Nitrox certification

Required equipment:
Appropriate exposure suit
U/W slate
Primary light & back up light
Two strobes
Primary Reel & back up/safety reel
Lift bag or SMB
Two line cutting devices
Appropriate BCD
Submersible pressure gauge Depth gauge/timer
Dive computer
Alternate air source/Redundancy, (dual valve, double manifold or independent doubles)
Primary and redundant regulators on main air source.

Class cost includes:

All required academic materials ______________Certification and administrative fees
Six offshore wreck dives_____________________Eight hours academics/classroom

This course will train you in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and
hazards of wreck diving and will develop the following skills and knowledge:

Dive planning_______________________________Equipment configuration
Pre-dive procedures_________________________Gas management
Guideline use_______________________________Penetration
Navigation_________________________________Hazards & Self rescue
Research and history________________________Artifact identification and recovery

Hey this is a fantastic opportunity. I've been trying to talk some others up here into taking your Gulf Diver class where the Deep and Wreck diver classes are combined. Maybe this will provide some motivation.

I notice the redundancy air equipment requirements are really specifying doubles. Is deco diving part of the class or will my slung 50 pony bottle count as a redundant air source?

AL

BTW we'll be coming back down sometime after July 4th to do another Oriskany trip. I'll give you a holler unless we have more than 6 divers.

We are talking about doing one class as a Deco class and a second as a non deco.

This is a Tec. Course either way as it involves overhead.

I have had more response from Divers that are already Tec. trained in Deco, Advanced Nitrox.
Any one that would like to get into this type of diving (Tec.) and then do the course in Spring 09 has a whole year to get the Pre-requisites:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom