Advanced Open Water (AOW) in Bonaire by The Chairman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry about that, I've been busy with getting NASE to establish me as a full site, so I can find your online classes. They came through this past Saturday, and I was able to finish it up today. If you're still interested I can send out the invoices. You really still have plenty of time to accomplish this. Now that this issue has been resolved by them, this will not be an issue in the future. Quite frustrating as I'm a Regional Trainer for them. :(

That's awesome, I sent the docs already in emails, I'd really like to take both the Nitrox and the advanced open water courses. If you need anything more please let me know. Thanks

Glad to hear you got it sorted! If you're interested in teaching the deep specialty I'll happily send some forms your way. But if you have your hands full with other classes that's fine also.

OK, @C2sky's materials are on the way! Woot. Since I was so late getting my "shop" activated, I'm extending deadlines for a week. If you want to do AOW, just let me know.

William and Elisabeth have signed up and their online packets have been sent to them. Ron has passed his online portion of AOW as well: Mucho Congo Rats!

We have room for a few more and one more would be nice. I like even numbers. :D

We also have one student for a Deep class and it would be awesome if they had a buddy (student) as well. PM me for details!

Required Equipment in Addition to standard Scuba equipment
(most of the items listed can be purchased here: Netdoc's Safety Package)
  • Safety Sausage
  • 100 ft finger spool (not a reel)
  • Line cutter
  • 2 dive lights (1 primary and 1 secondary)
  • Compass (preferably not on a console)
  • Slate
  • Personal Dive Computer
Let's cover this one by one:

Safety Sausage. I look for three things:
  • OPV (over pressure valve)
  • Able to be filled with an inflator hose
  • 6 ft long
There are a number out there, but DRIS has one that works well:

72_smb.png

Hog Yellow 72

100 ft Finger Spool. Just a spool no reels, please. The length is not critical and a 25' or 50' reel is fine. Again from DRIS:

Line Cutter. This can be anything that cuts line. I use the trilobite. Again, from DRIS:

Dive lights. Preferably LED. DRIS has a great deal on them.

Compass. You'll learn about the Lubber Line and why tethered compasses introduce errors. A wrist of a clip mount is best. DRIS has a very reasonable one on sale right now.

Slate. Almost anything works here. Here's another great deal from DRIS:

Personal Dive Computer (PDC). This is entirely up to you. Get something intuitive like one of the pelagics. You'll be planning dives off it, so read the instructions. www.DiveNav.com has them online or you can GTS (Google that stuff). You should be able to change your gas mix and find your NDL before and during the dive. Air integration is a plus since you'll be able to determine your SAC from that. If not, be sure to download a SAC calculator to your smartphone before the trip.

Package Deal. OK, I do like DRIS, they've been a friend and advertiser for a long, long time. In fact, Mike has created a special offer for the entire package named after me. It only lacks a PDC, lights and compass. If you buy it, call in and UPGRADE THE SAFETY SAUSAGE. That's the only thing I don't like about the package. You can't fill theirs with your inflator hose. :(

Am I the only person that can't find the release forms from NASE?? :dork2:

The link above is no bueno, and I can't locate them on the nase site. :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom