Advanced Open Water (AOW) in Bonaire by The Chairman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
@cardzard aka Dennis and @ROXANNE have asked me to step up and provide some learning amidst the fun, so I've agreed to teach my NASE Advanced Open Water Diver class with a bit of trim and buoyancy on the side. Here's the low-down...

• Cost: $300/pp ($129 goes for the e-learning and is non-refundable)
  • 8 max students (first come basis)
  • Gear Inspection
  • Show up 20 minutes before each dive for briefing by the pool
  • Dives will be Mon, Tues & Wednesday afternoons at the House Reef:
    • Trim & Buoyancy (Monday)
    • Navigation (Tuesday)
    • Deep (Tuesday)
    • Wreck (TBA)
    • Night (Wednesday)
    • REEF Fish Survey (Wednesday) (Join REEF.org Here!)
  • REEF Fishinar (TBA)
  • NitrOx (Join the free class or show me your card)
  • Skills
    • Trim & Buoyancy
    • Calculate SAC/Plan dives
    • Shoot Safety Sausage
    • Buddy Skills
    • Communicating with Dive Lights
    • Find Moonie
  • Required Equipment in Addition to standard Scuba equipment
    (most of the items listed can be purchased here: Netdoc's Safety Package)
    • Safety Sausage
    • 100 ft finger spool (not a reel)
    • Line cutter
    • 2 dive lights (1 primary and 1 secondary)
    • Compass (preferably not on a console)
    • Slate
    • Personal Dive Computer
  • Critical Dates:
    • ASAP: Sign up so I can send you an invoice and additional information. ONLY 8 SPOTS!
      1. You must be at least 12 years of age and a certified diver.
      2. Send an email with your full name, email address, phone number, & ScubaBoard name to NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com. Every student needs his/her own email address. This will secure your spot in the class.
      3. Please complete and attach to that email a copy of your Open Water Diver certification card and the 3 release forms (Medical Statement, Safe Diving Practices, and Liability Waiver) found here: NASE forms. We won't send e-learning codes without these.
      4. An invoice with payment options will be emailed to you.
    • December 7th: Last day to pay invoice and e-mail us the three release forms. E-learning codes will be sent soon after this date.
    • TBA: Participate in the REEF Fishinar
    • December 31: Email your e-learning completion certificate back to us. Make sure you have uploaded a passport/ID style mug shot in your NASE profile.
    • January 15, 2018: the fun begins!
    Please post, PM or e-mail your questions to @The Chairman aka Pete netdoc@scubaboard.com

Hey Pete - sent you a PM but I bet you get lots of those :)

I've got AOW already, but would happily take the deep specialty from you if you're still interested in teaching it. Shoot me a message if so!

Alex

Quite possibly... I have a few PMs I haven't responded to yet, but will. :D

And it will be FUN.

Unfortunately some divers forget that FUN is the objective here. Getting paid to dive is a LOT different that paying to dive. I reevaluate that balance during every terminally boring decompression stop and while hauling hundreds of kilos of gear to and from the boat.

Hi Pete,
I was hoping to take the advanced open water but haven’t gotten any response of any kind to my emails. Thought I’d check here if you got them. Today’s the last day from the thread so guess I’m SOL. The resort has its own school and at least I’ve got the equipment before going to Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom