Adding Music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher - hope you didn't think I was assuming you'd be a cheat! Not my intention at all. I do this for a living, and so we always play by the book. But I know a lot of people out there have no problem just grabbing someone else's work and using it.

Yes, video production & editing can be enormously time consuming. So make sure you're having fun while you're doing it!

HiDef, Yo man, we're OK. No ill intentions were seen by me. I know you're just doing what good people do and trying to help. I knew I should have stated that differently.

And to all others, thanks. There's lots of good info coming my way. Hopefully others will see it and have some use for it.

Marshall, I'll be looking into "royalty free". I am just doing this for "me", but I give a copy to some friends and who knows what they'll end up doing with them.

Becky, you are right on the money. I see so many videos that just seem to have music added. Having music to match the mood or the scene is what I'm really trying to do. I know it's a big step, but it is fun now that I have a rudimentary idea of what I'm doing.

Unfortunately I have a mentor. A guy that I get buddied with once in a while that does absolutely outstanding video. Problem is for me that I try to emulate his work, but his equipment is 4 times more costly than mine (prosumer, at least), he knows how to use it, and he knows how to edit. Good golly, the guy is adjusting white balance if a cloud drifts over and changes the lighting. He's really good,but then he's been doing it for 15 years and it's his main hobby.

Part of all this is just the challenge of doing something new and learning more and more and more. Frustrating as this can be it's getting more funner (humor). Also gives me something to do picking peoples' brains---like you good folks.

Thanks bunches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom