Adding a Pocket - Adhesive Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I attempted to attach an XS Scuba pocket with a neoprene backing to my neoprene wet suit using Mcnett "Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant". I placed sufficient weight over the pocket and waited approximately 24 hours. Unfortunately, because I had not taken into consideration the overall design of the pocket, the sealant was not able to bond properly.

I was able to remove the pocket and am now wondering about Plan B. Does anyone known whether it is possible to use Mcnett "Seal Cement" on top of the urethane sealant, and if so, what should I do to prepare the surfaces that have dried urethane sealant on them? (I have asked McNett for advice on this but have not received any feedback.) Thanks

I would scrape and peel the urethane off the the pocket and re glue using proper adhesive. I had good luck with aquaseal I used the big tube and a butter knife to spread about 3-4 ozs of it on when I did mine.

Ok, I have put Halcyon (3x)and Dive rite pockets (once) on my wetsuits. All I ever used was wetsuit glue (Mcnett seal cement). There is a reason why I use wetsuit glue. I reuse my pockets. I have two sets of Halcyon pockets that have been on two different wetsuits. The wetsuit glue holds just as long as you prep the suit. How do you prep the suit? Here is a link to step by step process: thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?46483-How-to-install-bellows-pockets-on-your-3mm-wetsuit-or-any-wetsuit-for-that-matter&highlight=install+pockets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom