"ADD" a new dive op in Cozumel, investment opportunity.... Add Diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
"ADD Diving" an acronym for Adult Daycare Diving is looking for investors for it's Cozumel Operation...

If your feelings got hurt..... Tough :crying:

The point is, diving is serious business. Any "Sport" that involves a life support system, the ocean, and your judgement, is not
just fun and games. It gets very old reading, and hearing about diving accidents, chamber rides, and alike, that could have
been avoided if people stopped treating scubadiving like golf or tennis. Diving is, and always will be serious business with potentially
fatal consequences. Stay fit, practice, learn, and enjoy.:wink:

Last edited:
Can you pick me up at the cruise ship dock? Maybe around 10 or 11 am, after the breakfast buffet. Also if I get a leg cramp can you pull me around so I can finish the dive.

Go USA............ To the all you can eat Buffet!!!

My original, unedited version of this post must have ruffled a few feathers. I'm sure it home.
To the person who found it necessary to send the PM, it must have really hit home.
It was meant to be humorous, ok sardonic humor, but I still stand by it.
As I said, Diving is serious business, read the accidents section.
No dive guide anywhere should be burdened with someone misrepresenting their skills as a diver.
Anyone who is active as a sport diver should know the do's and dont's, and be in physical shape.
It's interesting to follow scubaboard threads and see how the truth eventually comes to light.
There's room for every skill level in sport diving just know your comfort zone.
I read recently where someone wrapped the excess weight belt around numerous times.
Does that not eliminate the ditch the belt option, when your situation heads south?
Hindsight is always 20 20. Don't rely on others for your safety, and never be afraid to call a dive.

Oh no you didn't!

Diving is supposed to be fun, any body can do it-- Scuba Clauda says "Are you for scuba?"

img-mg---speedo---hank-azaria_172856251787.jpg

Unfortunately DAN doesn't agree with Claude.

“Prudent dieting and regular exercise should go hand-in-hand for divers,” according to a 1999 DAN report, “Cardiovascular Fitness and Diving.” “Older individuals who take part in recreational diving and have a family history of heart attack, especially at an early age, should receive appropriate evaluations to detect early signs of coronary artery disease.” In DAN’s “Diabetes and Diving — Update 2005,” it’s written that “individuals with Type II diabetes have generally been excluded from scuba diving because a possible loss of consciousness might pose a significant risk, affecting the diver’s ability to take care of himself/herself or his/her dive partner.”

A DAN study, “Classification of DAN Recreational Diver Fatalities by BMI from 2002, 2003 and 2004,” showed that at its worst, divers with a BMI of 30 or greater — which is considered obese — made up 53 percent of the dive-related deaths, whereas divers with a normal or healthy BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 made up only 13 percent of these deaths. Still, the issue isn’t just about being obese, but the health-related problems that obesity can cause and how these health issues can affect divers. It has been documented that obesity places a person at a significantly increased risk for hypertension (high blood pressure), Type II diabetes, excess levels of serum cholesterol, stroke and cardiovascular disease.

What does all of this tell us? It tells us that, normally, scuba diving is a fun and relaxing activity, but that on occasion catastrophic events can and do take place. When these events happen, every diver should be able to take care of himself and his dive partner.

Wow Mike, ya gotta hair cut.......:D

My original, unedited version of this post must have ruffled a few feathers. I'm sure it home.
To the person who found it necessary to send the PM, it must have really hit home.
It was meant to be humorous, ok sardonic humor, but I still stand by it.
No dive guide anywhere should be burdened with someone misrepresenting their skills as a diver.
Anyone who is active as a sport diver should know the do's and dont's, and be in physical shape.
It's interesting to follow scubaboard threads and see how the truth eventually comes to light.
There's room for every skill level in sport diving just know your comfort zone.
I read recently where someone wrapped the excess weight belt around numerous times.
Does that not eliminate the ditch the belt option, when your situation heads south?
Hindsight is always 20 20. Don't rely on others for your safety, and never be afraid to call a dive.

don't feel bad, I've been subject to the 'lack of humor' and 'pc' police myself...

It doesn't need to be. You can take the most out-of-shape person you can find, and give them a BC, a Reg and some calm shallow water and they'll have the time of their life.

Diving is only dangerous when the diver approaches or passes their comfort zone. Thal had a nice "cone" diagram or description at one point.

I place the "danger" squarely on dive ops operating under the bizarre assumption that a mashing together a mob of good divers, staff and inexperienced divers somehow makes a mob of "average" divers. If you sent the inexperienced divers to warm, happy pool-like conditions, and the demonstrably competent divers on the wall dive, you'll have two bunches of happy, safe divers.

And there isn't a competent dive guide anywhere that can't watch divers setup their gear and pick out who is probably nervous or inexperienced. What they do with this information makes all the difference in the
world.

flots

Last edited:
Wow...not sure how this train got off the tracks but........how much are they looking for from investors? What's involved?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom