Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5. Is super convenient and comfortable to cross in the boat than the ferry...
That really depends on the weather. Crossing the channel in a small boat in 4-6 foot seas like we frequently see when we are out fishing near the mainland would not be particularly comfortable.

I am taking a solo trip with out my wife/dive partner. I consider myself an experienced diver and rather not get insta buddied with a new/bad/poor air consumption diver. I think I want to dive with an op that dives as a group to avoid this. I was thinking of diving with Aldora since I hear they dive as a group, go to the sites I enjoy and I have never dove with them before.

Is this good logic?

I am taking a solo trip with out my wife/dive partner. I consider myself an experienced diver and rather not get insta buddied with a new/bad/poor air consumption diver. I think I want to dive with an op that dives as a group to avoid this. I was thinking of diving with Aldora since I hear they dive as a group, go to the sites I enjoy and I have never dove with them before.

Is this good logic?
Yes. Aldora does a really good job of grouping divers by experience level. The odds you will be on a boat of newbies is low IMO. The same cannot be said for the larger cattle boat operations.

That really depends on the weather. Crossing the channel in a small boat in 4-6 foot seas like we frequently see when we are out fishing near the mainland would not be particularly comfortable.
Can confirm this. Many many years ago we were diving with Dive Paradise and for some reason the DM suggested we go to the mainland and "dive with the turtles" right off PDC. The boat ride over there was pretty uneventful because it was morning and we were going with the wind. The way back though.....I had to keep my wetsuit and mask on the entire time and the whole ride felt like we were riding a mechanical bull.

Is this good logic?
There are lots of valet dive ops that dive "groupish" especially if you're going to dive a with them a day or so, so they can "see you in the water." With those you can hang with the group, buddy up, or dive with the DM. If you are a "no drama" diver, you can have as much autonomy (or not) as you want. Have fun. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom