"ADD" a new dive op in Cozumel, investment opportunity.... Add Diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking of things like a lift on the back of the boat that goes from ~5' underwater, up to the boat deck, instead of a ladder.

Like Pirates of the Caribbean? OH sign me up. I will started putting my pirate dive gear together. I could strike a pose underwater and then appear like magic.....

Like Pirates of the Caribbean? OH sign me up. I will started putting my pirate dive gear together. I could strike a pose underwater and then appear like magic.....

There's one up in Tobermory.

You just swim on to the platform, stand up and walk on to the boat.

It's an awesome way to re-board when you have 100Lbs+ of tanks on your back.

flots.

But if you want to put your money where your fingers are, I'll move to Cozumel and start your business for you. Just figure the cost of a boat with lift, whatever licensing fees I'll need to pay, and operating expenses and room and board for a year, and write me a check. Don't forget, as I'll be hobnobbing with the rich and famous lazy disabled divers, I'll need to act the part, so you're better off putting me up at the Presidente with an unlimited expense account, or maybe a condo at El Cantil with an account at Prima. I'll forgo taking a salary for a 50% commission instead so you can't lose there.

I have no doubt that there's money to be made delivering a level of service and care that the local dive ops on most islands simply ignore.

You can make all the fun you want, but you'll notice that this isn't a unique business model and that there are companies all over the world, in all sorts of different industries, that make a great deal of money providing a higher level of service for those who are willing to pay for it. Not necessary "private yacht" level, but a lot more than what's currently standard.

flots.

I have no doubt that there's money to be made delivering a level of service and care that the local dive ops on most islands simply ignore.

You can make all the fun you want, but you'll notice that this isn't a unique business model and that there are companies all over the world, in all sorts of different industries, that make a great deal of money providing a higher level of service for those who are willing to pay for it. Not necessary "private yacht" level, but a lot more than what's currently standard.

flots.

can you spell A L D O R A ?

My point is this:"ADD Diving" an acronym for Adult Daycare Diving is looking for investors for it's Cozumel Operation...

If your feelings got hurt..... Tough
crying.gif

Here is my point.

Many divers visit Cozumel. Some are new and unknowing. They NEED experienced DM's! May be wrong, but they're new and have no idea about how much they still have to learn. Call it what you want. They show up with 5 or 6 OW dives thinking they can "handle" this. I'm tired of listening to you self proclaimed gurus preaching about how you take care of yourselves. Remember when you started diving? Would it be asking too much to ask around on the boat how much experience your mates have? Will a shallow dive with a newbie spoil your day? You might teach some skills that will save their life down the road! I know everyone is on vacation, but someone taught me skills beyond OW! I will never forget that person.

I wish you and your husband safe and pleasurable dives

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is this:"ADD Diving" an acronym for Adult Daycare Diving is looking for investors for it's Cozumel Operation...
But it's a joke, right? If someone were actually trolling this ScubaBoard forum for investors, I'm pretty sure it would be a commercial thread and a violation of SB policy.

There's one up in Tobermory.

You just swim on to the platform, stand up and walk on to the boat.

It's an awesome way to re-board when you have 100Lbs+ of tanks on your back.

flots.

I chartered the Joseph Simon this past summer for a group of ScubaBoard and Ontario Diving friends that came up here to dive. The lift is a nice way to reboard the boat. It just needs to go about 2' deeper into the water for the taller divers. I had to exit the water on my knees and stand up because the platform was to shallow. BUT, the platform made for a more comfortable and safer exit from the water so I give it two :thumb:; as did every other diver on the boat. This could be a nice addition to many dive boats irrespective of location.

Diving a boat with a lift does not necessarily qualify you for a member of ADD.....those that will blindly follow a DM in Cozumel through the Devil's Throat with their newly minted OW cards are paying members of ADD. Think nothing and give 100% of control to the DM and just assume everything will be alright.

My apologies to anyone offended by the ADD post.

Please dive safe.

But it's a joke, right? If someone were actually trolling this ScubaBoard forum for investors, I'm pretty sure it would be a commercial thread and a violation of SB policy.
I honestly didn't think it was the funniest joke, but humor is subjective. Still, a bad joke isn't a reason to attack Darol, is it? Not sure what crawled up that poster's, er, keyboard.

(If someone were actually trolling this ScubaBoard forum for investors, forget about ToS, it would likely violate a host of federal and state securities laws as well, at least if Darol is American. If he's Canadian, probably the same since they've copied most of our laws by now.)

---------- Post added April 16th, 2012 at 06:39 AM ----------

My apologies to anyone offended by the ADD post.

Please dive safe.
Your apology offends me. Take it back, or I won't dive safe!

(If someone were actually trolling this ScubaBoard forum for investors, forget about ToS, it would likely violate a host of federal and state securities laws as well, at least if Darol is American. If he's Canadian, probably the same since they've copied most of our laws by now.)

What if I just ask for cash donations to an openly obviously non-existent fund? People offend too easy today.....and it just seems to be getting worse. It is to the point that people are reporting posts that disagree with their POV :shakehead: (or so I recall reading on here).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom