Actual label instructions on products...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw a medication commericial last night where there was a text disclaimer on the bottom of the screen up just long enough for me to read:

"Having a uterus increases a woman's chance of having uterine cancer."

Or something very similar. Duh.

Found a couple on the internet..Don't know if they are correct or not.

But hey, they are funny..

On a blanket from Taiwan - NOT TO BE USED AS PROTECTION FROM A TORNADO (Duh..OK, I wont).

On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists - REMEMBER, OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE ACTUALLY BEHIND YOU.

On a Taiwanese shampoo - USE REPEATEDLY FOR SEVERE DAMAGE.

On the bottle-top of a (UK) flavoured milk drink AFTER OPENING, KEEP UPRIGHT.

On a New Zealand insect spray - THIS PRODUCT NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.

In a US guide to setting up a new computer - TO AVOID CONDENSATION FORMING, ALLOW THE BOXES TO WARM UP TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE OPENING. (Sensible, but the instruction was INSIDE the box.)

;-)

Bob

Found another..

On a Japanese product used to relieve painful haemorrhoids LIE DOWN ON BED AND INSERT POSCOOL SLOWLY UP TO THE PROJECTED PORTION LIKE A SWORD-GUARD INTO ANAL DUCT. WHILE INSERTING POSCOOL FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES, KEEP QUIET.

On a packet of Sunmaid raisins - WHY NOT TRY TOSSING OVER YOUR FAVOURITE BREAKFAST CEREAL?

Tossing over the cereal..Sounds a bit gross to me..

Bob :stupid:

On one of those windshield sun blocker thingies called the AutoShade.

Do not drive with AutoShade in place.

Really?

...and it came with a little package of crushed peanuts to sprinkle over the yogurt.

On the back of the package, right under the ingredients -

"ALLERGY WARNING: May contain traces of peanuts."

I'm pretty sure the stuff I was crunching was a bit more than "traces" of peanut.

FROM the department of all-inclusiveness. Reader Noam Weingarten tells us that on the packaging for a tube of Eumo base concentrated rehydration cream manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, it states: "Suitable for adults, including the elderly, children and babies."

Meanwhile, the packet of Floradix tonic bought by Peter Miller told him: "Floradix is especially suitable for women (including expectant mothers), men, growing children and persons whose diet is lacking in natural iron and vitamins."

And, most inclusive of all, Sean Dougherty points us to the website summarising the UK National Institute for Clinical Excellence's guidance on pioglitazone treatment for type 2 diabetes. It advises that the guidance applies to "all patients between 0 months (0 years) and 3060 months (255 years) old".

LOL..Taken from New Scientists website..

Bob:D

How about the warning sides inm y college chemistry labs:

HOT THINGS BURN
SHARP THINGS CUT

We were required to put a sign "do not opperate with wet hands" on an electric had dryer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom