Tribolube Product Discriptions including a NEW product.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRIBOLUBE71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
TRIBOLUBE® 71 Grease is 100% oxygen compatible, and qualified to MIL-PRF-275617 Types I, II, and III. Testing data is available for heat of combustion (HOC), Autogenous ignition testing (AIT), and pneumatic impact testing preformed by NASA WSTF, WPAFB, and BAM in Germany. TRIBOLUBE® 71 is consistently the oxygen grease divers trust over their old grease. TRIBOLUBE® 71 is excellent for and is recommended in static and dynamic applications. TRIBOLUBE® 71 has a wide temperature operating range and has no problem working in -100°F to 550°F. Technicians’ report seeing something unique about a regulator lubricated with TRIBOLUBE® 71. “During our annual maintenance I was surprised, the grease didn’t dry out, leave a cookie dough residue, or white scale behind.” One surprised Tech told us “I started the annual maintenance and had to cross check the regulators serial number in the servicing log. The equipment had been in service for a whole year, but it looked like the TRIBOLUBE® 71 had just been applied!” “I’ve never seen anything like it! I’m a customer for life, and wouldn’t use anything else!” The grease was used to lubricate critical areas of a rebreather prior to an arctic dive. The air temperature was around -30 degrees F and the water was very close to -2 degrees F. “The oxygen grease I used before would gel and thicken up in these conditions. We commonly saw the DSV freeze up with the other grease, which would stick the DSV open sometimes. This made it physically was impossible to rotate, but in every test TRIBOLUBE® 71 performed as if it were at room temperature. When we lubricated the DSV with TRIBOLUBE® 71 the movement was smooth and easy even at -2 degrees F.!” “I contacted Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. to inquire about being a distributor, because I won’t ever use anything else in my gear!”

TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ Solvent completely removes PFPE oils in O₂ grease. TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ takes a difficult and time consuming process, and makes it simple and efficient. The fluorinated oil in the grease can be easily removed with the proper solvent. Most can’t imagine a quick and easy way of cleaning. TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ will efficiently remove the grease in less time, and increase productivity. People that are using TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ describe it as “amazing, unbelievable, and magic.” “Will TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ make any major difference?” The average ratio is 5:1. Using TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ a tech can completely finish five jobs in same time it took to complete just one. TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ works on all PFPE based oxygen greases. Even if it is dried out and caked on. There are standard operating procedures we recommend to give you the best results. Always keep the container closed if possible. Do not heat the bottle, or leave it in an area that gets hot. Heat will cause evaporation. When not in use store in a cool area a freezer is best if available. Wipe excess grease off first. Spray TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ on a lint free cloth to get the maximum benefit. You can’t dilute TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ with water, cleaners, or chemical products. The fluids will not mix together, and you could possibly introduce hydrocarbon contamination to an oxygen compatible product. TRIBOLUBE® KO₂ is a solvent for fluorinated oils; it will not work on silicone or standard grease(s).

TRIBOLUBE® EPO₂ Protecterant stops corrosion on brass and copper. When properly applied TRIBOLUBE®EPO₂ will keep metals shiny and corrosion free between servicing intervals. Field testing by various manufacturers continues to reveal additional useful applications. When deep sea diving helmets are treated they’re protected from materials found on commercial dive sites such as oils, paint, quick set cement, chemicals, fuel, waste products, biological hazards, and toxins. “I spent more than hours working with concrete on a bridge job, when I surfaced there wasn’t any concrete on my hat!” Nothing will stick to your helmet, if it has been properly treated with TRIBOLUBE®EPO₂. Treat areas that are prone to galvanic corrosion, and block the reaction between the two dissimilar metals. If properly applied on this area TRIBOLUBE®EPO₂ will inhibit the possibility of corrosion. “TRIBOLUBE®EPO₂ was the only thing that resolved an ongoing problem during assembly it stopped the cyanoacrylate (SuperGlue) from fusing small internal moving parts together.” Cyanoacrylate is the generic name for fast-acting adhesives such as methyl 2-cyanoacrylate and ethyl-2-cyanoacrylate (commonly sold under trade names like SuperGlue and Krazy Glue. *(For this application TRIBOLUBE® EPO₂ must be properly applied on the surface to achieve desired results.)

TRIBOLUBE® 2080 series silicone grease is for divers currently using Dow Corning, or any other silicone grease. TRIBOLUBE® 2080 is currently available in three grades; light medium and heavy. We compound a variety of silicone grease and will formulate a suitable replacement if required. We fill a wide range of packaging to meet your specific requirements. This grease is never recommended for oxygen service higher than 21%.

TRIBOLUBE® PRO SL Protecterant is the best corrosion inhibitor for iron bearing or ferrous metal available. When submitted for ASTM- B-117 salt fog corrosion testing, TRIBOLUBE® PRO SL ran for 1600 hours before any corrosion became visible. This is equivalent of 3 to 3 ½ years of continuous protection with ONE treatment. We submitted ten commercially available competitors’ products for testing at the same time. The product that came in second ran for just 120 hours. As a penetrant TRIBOLUBE® PRO SL will stop rust from progressing, and will loosen most nuts and bolts seized by rust and corrosion. TRIBOLUBE® PRO SL available in a 9 ounce aerosol can, and in quarts or gallons for larger applications.

TRIBOLUBE® SC Protecterant is NEW and recently announced during Underwater Interventions February 9th, 2010 TRIBOLUBE® SC is a conditioner suitable for use on the internal and external surfaces of dry suit seals, rubber products (natural and synthetic), neoprene, polyurethane, and latex material. It will extend the life of your equipment, and protect your investment. It stops oxidation, deterioration, dry rot, and corrosion caused by exposure to salt water. TRIBOLUBE® SC is ideal for all dry suit seals, wet suits, gloves, zippers, hoses, tubing, and all dive gear that can dry out and become brittle. If you want to remove TRIBOLUBE® SC from any area, for best results just use soap and warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom