Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that guy's pretty good. Except that garbage about holding the fort. Why would someone want to hold a fort, and how would you fit it into your grip in the first place? You hold down a fort, by standing inside of it. Oh well, I've got a new youtube subscription... Thanks!

In military parlance from approximately the middle ages in UK history, holding a position (be it a fort, dugout, road, etc) has been taken to mean keep this position from enemy hands. Only in recent history (approx 1900-1916?) did the Americanism of "holding it down" come in to use (and it looks like no-one knows why.

Holding something down implies that, if the downward pressure of you holding it down is removed, the object will take off. With that in mind, holding down the fort is hardly a requirement as it is highly unlikely to disappear skywards if you do remove yourself from it.

In military parlance from approximately the middle ages in UK history, holding a position (be it a fort, dugout, road, etc) has been taken to mean keep this position from enemy hands. Only in recent history (approx 1900-1916?) did the Americanism of "holding it down" come in to use (and it looks like no-one knows why.

Holding something down implies that, if the downward pressure of you holding it down is removed, the object will take off. With that in mind, holding down the fort is hardly a requirement as it is highly unlikely to disappear skywards if you do remove yourself from it.
But it could move away laterally ... lol.

I want an inflatable hoverfort!

I want an inflatable hoverfort!
For diving single or double ?

please don't say you cannot care less ... it's important !

For diving single or double ?

please don't say you cannot care less ... it's important !

Well, obviously it should be submersible, so it can hold 4 or 5 tanks for me.

Well, obviously it should be submersible, so it can hold 4 or 5 tanks for me.
You should post your desire to dive with that inflatable hoverfort in the "Dive without a BC/Proper weighting thread" - but people's heads might explode :wink:

You should post your desire to dive with that inflatable hoverfort in the "Dive without a BC/Proper weighting thread" - but people's heads might explode :wink:

Not before walking backward for three days ... :wink:

Been getting more dives in with the AI. Kind of disappointed the on-computer dive log doesn't display tank pressure.

Been getting more dives in with the AI. Kind of disappointed the on-computer dive log doesn't display tank pressure.
It should...
Screenshot 2017-04-30 23.23.30.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom