ACE wreck video dana point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest we go back and check ! :)

Agreed!

The boat is docking soon and should re-open late in the month or early in the year with a few modifications... such as removal of that step that some people have expressed concern over. Hopefully I'll DM it when it's out of dock.

When have you hit 130'? I've dove it a numbe of times during high tide and I can see it getting 120' in the sand but 130?? I don't exceed 110' anyway until next month but I didn't fathom it goes that deep.

Look for where "RIG was here !" is scrawled on the hull ...kick due South for approx 20ft and then drop all the way to the bottom :wink:

Seriously, I personally have never hit 130 on this dive but it is possible if you try. Like you, I have planned this dive as a max depth of 110 and stick to it. However, if you've done this dive then you know that the very top (starboard side) of the wreck is in approx 100/105 ft. You can clearly see that it is much deeper than 110 in spots.

One of my CCR RB teammates has tested the max depth in a few areas around the wreck. He's logged ~125 just off the bow, 129 off the stern, 118 in the rutted out area under the wreck (beneath the boom).

To make the video mobile, you go to settings in vimeo, then video file and click the "make mobile versions of my videos". I agree chris should make mobile versions, then I can watch them at work on my phone!

Based on the proximity of the wreck to shore, a super high tide might affect the max depth here. maybe thats the discrepancy. I was at 110 and within about 5 feet of the bottom on the structure side of the wreck. I didn't check the stern though.

Based on the proximity of the wreck to shore, a super high tide might affect the max depth here. maybe thats the discrepancy. I was at 110 and within about 5 feet of the bottom on the structure side of the wreck. I didn't check the stern though.

I don't believe there's any discrepancy. It sounds like people just haven't spent that much time exploring the areas surrounding the wreck. The obvious point of interest being the ridiculous number of bottom dwelling fish that are lined up out in the sand like a formation of Legionaries.

The sand is built up on the structure side but slopes away from the wreck as you round the bow or stern. The penetration opportunities are limited ...bascially a short swim-through the wheelhouse. It's also possible to get underneath the wreck. It's a very pretty little wreck but it is also a pretty small little wreck. :wink:

It would be interesting to get some more data points.

cool video, whereabouts is this wreck?

Back
Top Bottom