A.C.E. Wreck (Dana Point -- 115 fsw)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The A.C.E. is probably the most well-known wreck in the Orange County area and is just a short 20 minute boat ride from the Dana Point Harbor. It sank in 2005 so it is relatively intact.

I haven't been on the A.C.E. since pre-Covid and wanted to go back to build a good photogrammetry model since there really isn't any reference material readily available and it is within recreational limits so it sees a reasonable number of divers.

The wreck usually has tons of California scorpionfish (they are nesting all over the vessel) and, for the depth, has an amazing density of white metridiums. I usually only see them on deeper wrecks and structures.

The history of the wreck along with photos and a link to the photogrammetry model is posted at:

Here is a screen capture of the photogrammetry model:

ace-model-3.png

Enjoy!

- brett

Great photos! One minor correction. The fish on the wreck are California scorpionfish, Scorpaena guttata, not sculpins.

Thanks!

Corrections made in the post and in the note above. I can't keep all those damn fish names straight. They just usually get in the way of my photogrammetry model photos -- bio-interference! :)

- brett

Back
Top Bottom