Accomplishments of 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2009= Getting certified =)!!!!!

Goals: To actually log a dive, Buy my own gear, go on a diving holiday!....Wow there are loads!

2009: OW, AOW, 5 Specialties, Rescue, MSD. Went from 0 to almost 90 dives now. Diving in fresh and salt water, both Atlantic and Pacific. Diving in Thailand (Phi Phi and Similan islands). Learning how to dive BP/w and doubles as well as drysuit.

2010: Do some more learning and have more fun diving.

Quite a year for you!

Good diving, Craig

I've logged the least number of dives (98, vs an average of 250) this year of any year in the decade and done the least amount of dive travel. No hope of going over 100 this year thanks to the infected lung I had, the rain this weekend and my departure for the holidays. On the other hand I've created more product (DVDs and cable TV episodes) than in any other year this decade.

I hope to make up for the lack of dive travel in 2010 when I have high hopes of doing the Philippines, the Red Sea and any other destinations I can afford after robbing a series of banks.

any other destinations I can afford after robbing a series of banks.
Remember this time: BUDDIES STICK TOGETHER! :D

What a great thread! I've enjoyed reading about everybody's accomplishments and goals. Hmmm, let's see:

Became a grandmother :D:D:D
Got my DM cert.
Dove 213 dives so far this year (I have 12/19 -1-4 off from work, so I'll be getting some more in) :eyebrow:
Hope to hit dive #500 by the end of the year, but the weather's gonna have to cooperate to make it happen.
Went to first my first ITK and met some super people!
Dove the Vandy
Learned how to catch lobster without any gear (and found out I do better when I don't use it...:shakehead:)
Saw a whale shark up close twice in Jupiter.
Swam with a pod of dolphins (also in Jupiter).

Goals and plans for 2010:
get certified as a SP technician
1 week in Cozumel with friends
1 week in Bonaire with friends
Get as much diving in as I can
Go to 40th HS reunion in CT. (WON'T be diving there, however....WWW)
Hit the lottery so I can take a lot more dive classes and buy more gear. (OK, that probably won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?) :idk:

Looking forward to reading what others have done this year and want for next year.

Hi all, I got my AOW, Rescue, First responder, wreck, deep diver, buoyancy and trim etc. etc.

it was a good season, too short being in cold NY. and only having one day off a week to dive, but thanks to Paul Skeehan the best teacher, he pushed me took to the next level.

spring i am looking forward to fundies and cavern cave1.
ww

.... any other destinations I can afford after robbing a series of banks.

Remember this time: BUDDIES STICK TOGETHER! :D

Two buddies rob a bank. One gets caught, agrees to keep mouth shut while the other buddy remains free. While one buddy is doing time in jail, the other buddy is doing time with the :gr1: in extradition-free exotic dive destinations... :rofl3::rofl3:

2009 -- to date: (plusses) Was certified as a PADI AI (March) and then PADI OWSI (April) then PADI MSDT (Sept)
Did NAUI "Tech 1" (it was really several classes rolled into one -- advanced Nitrox, deco procedures, Helitrox)
Convinced my accountant that I really AM running a "Scuba Business" (T, S and M Scuba) and had fun teaching several classes at my house
Had several great trips:
BC's Saanich Inlet to see Cloud Sponges
Couple of trips to Mexico for Cave Diving
Couple of trips to Maui to visit my Dad and sneak in a few dives
Fabulous trip to the Red Sea on the MV Tala
Really fun 3 day trip in the Channel Islands
Total of approximately 165 dives this year
Placed in both Championship Classes in our Regional Dressage Championships
(Minuses)
Didn't get to use our boat enough -- and put WAY too much $ into it
Didn't do very many deco dives, but the ones I did do were lots of fun
Wasn't able to teach as much as I had hoped

To be done yet in 2009 -- Finish TSandM's PADI DM course so she can work with me and keep the accountant happy

2010 -- MORE use of our boat
More deco dives -- TSandM's 25 sounds about right
More time spent in Canada
Couple of trips to Maui to visit Dad (he's 92 now) and dive some of the more "exotic" locations
At least one trip to S Cal
Couple of trips to Mexico and Caves (Not so sure about Florida though)
Teach more -- although that may mean becoming an independent instructor and/or doing a cross-over to NAUI both of which are real possibilities
Qualify for our Regional Dressage Championships again this year and this time place higher!

Managed to get a few dives in... New job, ailing parents, real life stuff got in the way.
Hooked up with some old Dive Buddies that I haven't seen in awhile(cool),and some old Buddies that I've recently learned were Divers( very cool).
Found and read my manual for my old Aladin Pro Computer that I've own for 16 years and never actually read it. (It's a Guy thing- deal with it!).
For 2010...
Dive, Dive,Dive...

Back
Top Bottom