Accomplishments of 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2009: Lost job and laid off for 4 months, got OW certified, got my Drysuit, Nitrox, and Deep certifications, logged 16 dives.

2010: Trip to Cozumel at end of January, finish Navigation cert and then AOW once I hit 25 dives, do a lot more diving....probably trips to Haigh, Gilboa, Dutch Springs, etc., diving on the big lake and maybe start Adv Nitrix Deco....and hope to dive with a lot of people and hone my skills

Had back surgery(discectomy) in September 2008 and was back diving by January 2009. Did 75 dives between January and March. Convinced the diving was a major reason the rehab went so well. Dove the Bay of Thailand, the Andamin sea (Similan Islands) and Cozumel.

2010 goals: 100 + dives. Trips to Thailand, Indonesia and Utilla. Spend as much time with dive friends as possible.

Ice dive, Lake Simcoe, January 09.
Rescue diver course May 09.
My 500th dive was in May, on the wreck of the Wexford, Lake Huron, a shipwreck I've wanted to dive for years.
2 decompression dives on the wreck of the Roy A. Jodrey, St. Lawrence River, also a long-term goal.
OW sidemount course Sept 09.
Dived at least once a month through every month of 2009, in cold water.

A good year of diving!!!

Goal for 2010: New Year's Day Dive, Lake Huron. The rest is as it comes along.

Laid off, Vets Admin paying for college 3.8 gpa for Biology/Chemistry BS. Dived in Puerto Rico -Desecho Island WOW. 19 day cross country road trip/vacation camping Utah Arches NP, Yellowstone NP, Mt Rushmore, Gateway Arch in ST louis all WOW. Had multiple spinal injections 6, found radio injection works best for me no back pain in 4 months. Now recovering from non dive incident,200 stitches, 40 staples, wheelchair, walker, lots of rehab for legs,arm,face but will come back 100%.
For 2010, be a better husband, student, Mr.Mom, dad, son, bring in more income, exercise(already started). Dive more in NY and local states make 3 day weekends of it especially in summer. EAN cert for wife and I, get wife her BC-w, practice more in dutch springs. Dive more volunteer, work, assist teachers in class to work on DM. Appreciate life more to do more after my near death experience.
I hope you all have a better happier, joy, money, healthier 2010! Salud!

Now recovering from non dive incident,200 stitches, 40 staples, wheelchair, walker, lots of rehab for legs,arm,face but will come back 100%.
Appreciate life more to do more after my near death experience.
I hope you all have a better happier, joy, money, healthier 2010! Salud!

God bless, and hope all goes well for a strong and full recovery in 2010.

Found ScubaBoard.com!

2009 accomplishments:
Made at least one dive a month,
Dove one new cave - P3, and
Had a great dive trip to Wreckfest with Silent World.

2009 - what I missed:
At least one cave dive a month,
Diving with my daughter as much as I would have liked, and
Getting my better half into the water.

2010 goals:
At least two dive excursions a month,
Make my 100th cave dive,
Make my 500th dive,
More dives with my daughter - tough since she is away at school, and
A few dives with my wife because she makes the above possible :)

Merry Christmas all!

-Got OW certified..
-Dove in the Keys and Byonton Beach Fl
-Met some SB members

-Get in more dives in Canada
-Get AOW certified + navigation certification
-Dive in the Azores

After 20 years of rec diving I tried tec. Didn't know tec was cave diving.

2009 Met my snuggle Buddy
Earned my Cavern and Intro certifications
Dove 1,000 feet into Peanut at Peacock before tank pressure told me to turn.

2010 Earn my Apprentice and Full Cave
Dive the Cenotes in the Yucatan

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom