Accomplishments of 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2009...Lets see...

-Bought an Scubapro MK25/S600 regulator
-Bought Scubapro Bella BCD and love it
-Discovered that mask removal doesn't have to kill you
-Horked through a regulator for the first time and lived to tell the story...I don't reccomend it or eating tomatos or anything acidic before diving
-Went to Belize and had the time of my life
-Broke my hand on a dive boat and got to get a shot of morphine from a nice Belizian doctor :doh:
-Completed Rescue Diver
-Started Divemaster

Goals for 2010:

-Complete Divemaster without killing myself on the 400m swim and 800m snorkel swim
-Enjoy Bonaire in February and try to enforce the "I'm on a dive vacation to dive for the sake of diving and don't want to work on jack squat for Divemaster or any specialties" with my instructor who's going with us
-Purchase a dry suit
-Do more diving for the sake of diving :cool2:

I forgot... I shot my first fish this year. Yum!

For 2009:
  • got my TDI Extended Range and Advanced Wreck certifications
  • did most of my PADI divemaster refresher (still haven't done the diver rescue - must finish it)
  • had my best year ever catching lobster (will add up at years' end, but already miles ahead of my second best year)
  • got in lots of dives at home, as well as a handful in Dominican Republic and Seattle (brrr!)

For 2010:
  • I get to dive the Zenobia in Cyprus in February (yay!)
  • still planning to finally make it down to Bonaire
  • hoping to take a trimix cert, but we'll see
  • [-]will try to waste less time posting on SB[/-]

For 2011:
  • will make good on my longstanding promise to take my Dad to Truk Lagoon

Great thread!

Last edited:
Slow year for me as I wasn't quite able to do all the diving I wanted to do but I switched to bp/w for my drysuit diving and I was able to do more diving in Lake Michigan. I also dove on a couple wrecks I hadn't gotten to before and I loved that.

Try to take a couple of dive trips and do my 300th dive.

I didn't get as many dives logged as I'd hoped this year, but I was out a lot!

I've been wanting to dive the Spiegel Grove for a few years and finally got on it! (the past few times I was in the Keys I either got bumped, or the weather wasn't cooperative)

Did two dives on the Vandenberg!
Did a dive on the Adolphus Busch!
Did some dives on Looe Key!

Purchased and learned how to dive in a dry suit! (getting better every dive)

2010?
AS usual, get out and dive more! (hopefully starting in January, I've never done a dive in February, either home OR away, so that's on the to do list!)

Specifically, I'd like to get better in the dry suit, and possibly start diving doubles next summer, THEN take a few more courses. (Advanced Nitrox for starters)

Purchase a new camera (and equipment) for diving purposes.

Go back to Florida and dive the Bibb! (and do another dive on the Duane)

Other than that...peace, harmony, world peace...yadda yadda yadda!

2009:

• second vacation to the mesmerizing cenotes
  • first time diving Jupiter and Boynton Beach
  • TDI Intro to Tech certification
  • first dive trip to Catalina and Wreck Alley
  • first dive trip to Key West/ Vandenberg
  • first attendance at SB's ITK in Key Largo
  • met SB'er infamous Dr Bill and NetDoc
  • met many great SoFL & SoCal SBers
  • met some great local DNY dive buddies
  • GUE Fundamentals with said buddies
  • logged more than 100 dives this year
  • started TDI Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures course
  • first dive trip to Thousand Islands
  • first dives in Wreck Valley
  • purchased BP/W and DUI drysuit

2010:

• dive Epcot Aquarium (promise made to some adorable cutie pies in my life)
  • complete required dives for Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedure certification
  • get doubles setup and become proficient in them
  • first NC wreck diving trip
  • third vacation to the mesmerizing cenotes
  • interested in solo training certification
  • first liveaboard trip to ???
  • whatever the Universe sees fit to send my way cause going into 2009 all I knew was I will dive cenotes, Thousand Islands, Jupiter and Boynton Beach. Never in my wildest imagination did I expect all the rest of my 2009 accomplishments. Makes me super excited to see how 2010 ends up.
-

2009: dived a bit less than I wanted at 71 dives and just over 71 hours but had a great time. I had a fantastic time on Oahu, in San Diego and in Key Largo. Find of the decade was 3 trips to Boynton Beach to dive with Kevin Metz (South Florida Dive Professional of the Year) and Underwater Explorers. I had am excellent trip with my son diving in Providenciales, T&C. The reef sharks were incredible off West Caicos.

2010: I'm optimistic this will be a great year. I have a trip to Oahu and 2 trips to San Diego on the calender. I'm going to Bonaire with my wife and to Little Cayman with my son. I absolutely must figure out how to dive with my daughter this year.

I feel like this is Thanksgiving, I have much to be grateful for, now and in the near future.

Good diving, Craig

2009: OW, AOW, 5 Specialties, Rescue, MSD. Went from 0 to almost 90 dives now. Diving in fresh and salt water, both Atlantic and Pacific. Diving in Thailand (Phi Phi and Similan islands). Learning how to dive BP/w and doubles as well as drysuit.

2010: Do some more learning and have more fun diving.

Back
Top Bottom