Access to personal contact information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livinoz

Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed that anyone on the 'net can access a member's contact information (eg, msn address, skype name) if they have put that on their profile page.

Is there any way this can be restricted to logged in members only, to prevent unwanted or abusive emailing, etc?

Thank you.

I've noticed that anyone on the 'net can access a member's contact information (eg, msn address, skype name) if they have put that on their profile page.

Is there any way this can be restricted to logged in members only, to prevent unwanted or abusive emailing, etc?
That's part of why I do not list such, besides - all the data miner would have to do with that change is register a new Username.

OH HI like the way you think Liv!!!

You come up with good thread ideas :)

You can't be serious. If you don't want it available, don't put it in your profile. You can't think the 100,000 registered members of ScubaBoard is some kind of exclusive club.

You can't be serious. If you don't want it available, don't put it in your profile. You can't think the 100,000 registered members of ScubaBoard is some kind of exclusive club.

You are correct it is not exclusive, but it makes it that much harder for the bad guy to get information on me . . .

Thanks!

Perhaps we can start a mutual admiration society thread? :rofl3:

(But NOT in site support)

Yeah, I don't think my humor is appreciated in site support . . .

I wasn't talking about the members, I was talking about anyone that comes to the site. You don't have to be a member or logged in to access profile information. I thought you did.

And after a nasty incident I have now taken it off my profile.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom