Access to personal contact information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RGR, out.

I wasn't talking about the members, I was talking about anyone that comes to the site. You don't have to be a member or logged in to access profile information. I thought you did.

And after a nasty incident I have now taken it off my profile.

Thanks.
I'm sorry to hear that such happened. Your profile pic shows you to be an attractive young lady and some people do use the anonymity of the internet for distasteful pursuits. I do have my Myspace link on mine, but I'm not much of a target for such.

At least if the viewer had to register to see profiles, then Administration would have registration contact information and records of IPs used for posts and PMs which could be forwarded to Admin, but if incidents happen on Yahoo, AIM, etc that would be beyond SB.

I suppose it would be prudent to limit profile viewing to those who do register, but that would still be no safeguard on other contacts.

For now, all I can say that be careful what you put on the forums or your user profile.

I don't use my real name as a user name and I don't post sensitive information.

I wasn't talking about the members, I was talking about anyone that comes to the site. You don't have to be a member or logged in to access profile information. I thought you did.

And after a nasty incident I have now taken it off my profile.

Thanks.

Could you PM to me the details of the nasty incident?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom